Price drop question

LaShelle2

Does anyone know, how do I tell if I booked Early Saver? I have gone to manage my cruise and I don't see it there.

This information should be included in your original booking paperwork, it's the only place I remember seeing it because it doesn't show in my cruise manager online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Does anyone know, how do I tell if I booked Early Saver? I have gone to manage my cruise and I don't see it there.

It will be on the invoice Carnival sent you under "Guest Notes". It will say this or something similar.

Deposit is non-refundable. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered. No name changes are allowed. Cancellation prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. If you find a lower cruise rate, based on the total cabin occupancy & not from the booked ancillary services, such as air, transfers, prepaid gratuities, or Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses contact your Travel Agent or www.Carnival.com.

My price dropped $200+ for a July cruise. We are past final payment. We are not Early Saver. Will Carnival adjust the price?

They won't, but you could always call and ask if there's anything they will do for you. On our Hawaii cruise, the price dropped after final payment and I called and NCL offered me a room upgrade. I didn't take it because I was happy with the room we were in, but it was nice of them to offer. Of course, they are not obligated to offer ANYTHING after final payment but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. Just don't be upset if they don't.

When this happens, I try to look at it this way: I didn't book Early Saver because I didn't want the restrictions that came along with that, so I don't get to cash in on price drops after final payment.

Looking at it from the cruise line's point of view, if they started giving price drops to people who didn't book Early Saver, they would never get anybody to book Early Saver. That's the only real benefit of Early Saver--getting price drops after final payment.

It's a trade-off.

When I don't book Early Saver, unless I'm willing to pay for an upgrade myself, I stop looking at prices after final payment. I'm locked in, I got to choose my cabin early, I'm happy with what I paid, and it just causes frustration to see prices after final payment once I'm locked in (assuming they drop). Most of the time, my category gets sold out well before final payment, so it doesn't matter anyway. When I do book Early Saver, I hate it when my category gets sold out early--but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

After final payment, I noticed that the prices for cabins one category above ours had gone down by $250. I called Carnival to upgrade to this category; one deck up from 10-11 on Serenity on the Sunshine. They did the upgrade and refunded my credit card the $250. So you can look into price drops for higher category cabins. Good luck.

Hello, I'm confused by this?! When I booked, one of the promises was some type of price saver and a reduced deposit, but I cannot tell that I secured an "earlier saver" price, and I've been checking the carnival website daily to look for price changes.

Hello, I'm confused by this?! When I booked, one of the promises was some type of price saver and a reduced deposit, but I cannot tell that I secured an "earlier saver" price, and I've been checking the carnival website daily to look for price changes.

If it was a reduced deposit, it's almost guaranteed to be tied to Early Saver. If you want to be sure, have Carnival send you an invoice to see if the wording like I previously mentioned is there.

If it was a reduced deposit, it's almost guaranteed to be tied to Early Saver. If you want to be sure, have Carnival send you an invoice to see if the wording like I previously mentioned is there.

Thanks! Because I'm a bit of a worrier, I just went ahead a called. I had a reduced, nonrefundable deposit (we're paid in full), which denotes early-saver pricing. It will be interesting to see if the price drops at all before September.

My price dropped $200+ for a July cruise. We are past final payment. We are not Early Saver. Will Carnival adjust the price?

Price adjustment isn't likely if you didn't book under an early saver rate. Even if you are sure you didn't book early saver, you can always call and inquire about an equivalent upgrade. Chances are they will tell you no, but it doesn't cost anything to ask.