anyone have an on-line coupon for a store that sells Bare Minerals?

motherchic

Check BEAddicts.com

They have a "where to buy" page with coupon codes for Bare Minerals. If they're still listing Dermstore.com as having 20% off, that is incorrect. I believe it is now 10% off, but still worth checking on. Dermstore is really good about answering their email so write to them and ask them if the BEAddicts coupon code is still good and they'll tell you (probably no, but what you can get). Hope this helps.

p.s. Right after I posted this, I received an email from DermStore saying they would no longer be carrying Bare Escentuals much longer and to order before they run out. Oh well. :(

Ulta's ad in Sunday's paper lists Bare Escentuals as being on sale. I don't think the prices are any cheaper than you get them directly from the Bare Escentuals website - mineral veil for $19, foundation $25, kabuki $28.

There is a coupon for $3.50 off your order at Ulta dot com with minimum $10 purchase. The coupon code is 41549. It's not much but it may help.

Just curious as I've never tried the stuff, but what is the deal with the Bare Minerals stuff? Is it really great? Does it cover well? Is it only for oily skin? I've looked it up online and not found out a lot about it. Right now I wear MAC foundation and like it but I'm always willing to try other things... I do, however, have REALLY dry skin. Thanks!!!!

Just curious as I've never tried the stuff, but what is the deal with the Bare Minerals stuff? Is it really great? Does it cover well? Is it only for oily skin? I've looked it up online and not found out a lot about it. Right now I wear MAC foundation and like it but I'm always willing to try other things... I do, however, have REALLY dry skin. Thanks!!!!

Hi, sorry I didn't answer sooner. I've been a little pre-occupied lately.

I've been using Bare Minerals for just over a year. It has its pros and cons. On the plus side, it looks really natural as it blends into the skin very well. I wouldn't say it provides more coverage, but you can use the same foundation color with a different brush and achieve really good coverage over trouble spots and it blends perfectly, IMO. Some people have said it has sort of a sheen to it and it looks weird to them. I haven't noticed this on myself, but I think the ones who are saying this may be using a foundation shade that has Mica in it. I can see why these would cause that. I use 1.2 Fairly Light and do not see this as it does not have Mica in it.

On the negative side, I believe that the Bare Minerals foundations tend to emphasize, rather than minimize, the fine lines and wrinkles I have. It actually makes my skin look a little drier, which I do not care for.

I did go back to my liquid foundation for a few days and found that my skin started breaking out again! I thought I'd finally outgrown the blemishes, but I think maybe it was just a side effect of using the Bare Minerals. So, for now, I use Bare Minerals most days and use liquid foundations on days when my skin feels dry and I'd like a more dewy look.

Hope this helps!

I've been using Bare Minerals for a few years now, and I can't begin to tell you how indispensable it is to me. I had never ordered anything from an infomercial, but when they started reading off the list of ingredients on regular liquid foundation and I saw the same skin-destroying stuff on the labels of my own foundation, I started listening more carefully.

I could not get my face to be blemish-free for anything, even in my mid-30's. It was SO aggravating. I started to wonder if all that stuff in the liquid makeup really was messing my skin up, even when they claim to be noncomedogenic. Within weeks of using Bare Minerals, my skin cleared up, and it has literally not broken out again -- even when I've been too tired to wash my face before falling asleep.

I love how it feels like I have nothing at all on my face -- the liquid makeup always felt like paint to me. And I love how it really does give amazing coverage on my really blotchy skin.

I know I sound like a commercial here, but this is just awesome stuff. And there are other brands, lest anyone think I am a shill for Bare Escentuals. :) There is After Glow, Jane Iredale, and a bunch of others.

Check on eBay, and you can get sample sizes of the makeup pretty cheap. Then you can decide if it's right for you.

-gina-

Tried to use that $3.50 coupon at Ulta for my last purchase of Bare Escentuals. The store would not honor the coupon for the purchase. On the coupon is states that the coupon is not valid on purchases for the premium make-up line and BE is considered a premium line.

They do have a nice starter kit.

I love it, and i too sound like an infomercial....i will get compliments on how nice my face looks. I do not have oily skin but not really dry either. i use lotion on my face every morning and then my make-up. i never cared for liqued foundation as i too felt like i had paint on, this you cannot fee- also covers blotchy skin very well.

The cover-up-bisque- i also let my 13 year old use. She is very fair and would get several pimples and they always stood out like becons. Now even though she uses a daily regime for face care and pimple reduction i noticed that her face really improved when using the bisque. And i was paying attention because i did not want it to clog her pores. turns out their is an ingredient in it to help reduce acne.

I also love the bisque, and the "well rested" for lightening under the eye. the trick to this make-up is very easy- good brushes and start sparingly

If you order be aware that the "medium"foundation color is quite dark. I am light skinned but would not consider myself fair and i use "fairly light"

A store just opened up in our mall and i was delighted to see all of the offerings that they have

The very best place to get information about Bare Escentuals is at the Bare Escentuals Addicts forum which is a part of Delphi Forums. You will need to join Delphi Forums (a basic membership with ads is free). Right on the "home page" Bare Escentuals Addicts is listed as one of the "top" forums. These ladies are "serious" Bare Escentual users! I also belong to another forum on that site for Dr. Denese Skincare.

http://www.delphiforums.com/

When you join, you can post to the forum with questions and get amazing help. There is also a webpage that is called, "Let's Go Shopping" with links to vendors that members have used and like. One I really like is "Colorful Sprinkles" since you can get 1/4 teaspoon samples for $3.75 each. If you insert "SHIPBE" in the special information section, shipping is free. I've tried many colors this way.

Like someone else posted, I like liquid foundation better. My skin is super dry and I do think that BE makes it appear drier. However, I really like the blush and eyeshadows.

Try eBay there are 3 people that I get my Bare Minerals from.

http://http://stores.ebay.com/I-Heard-It-From-A-Little-Birdy

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZmaryschafer

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZworthytreasures4u

true full sized BM products, unopened. Fair, cheap shipping. Nice ladies.

I have used bare minnerals for at least 10 years now. I love it. Of course I stray and try other kinds but they just don't do it for my skin. my skin is combo/oily in the summer and normal/dry in the winter and they only thing I have to change is I don't need the mineral veil in the winter and drop down a color.

Thanks for sharing the ebay stores. I shop on ebay quite a bit but never thought to check for BE! Great prices...I will be stocking up for my christmas present...LOL

Funcrusier

I've been using the BE foundation/warmth/mineral view for several months now. I tried some of their eye shadows over the weekend and had a weird reaction. I felt a slight burning sensation on my eyelids all evening and they were really red and slightly puffy when I removed the shadow. I used my normal L'Oreal mascara and Physician's Formula eye liner so it had to be the eye shadow. I normally use L'Oreal Wear Infinite eye shadow almost daily and have never had a reaction like that. I have no problems with the BE foundation. Is this just a coincidence or has anyone else had a problem with eye shadow?

Barb,

I too have dry skin and use a lot of high end moisturizers. Fortunately, I'm also blessed with small pores and almost no wrinkles.

I don't like the BE make-up. On the positive side, it does offer nice coverage and looksnatural.

However, on the negative side, the crushed mineral foundation emphasized my pores and made them look larger. I mentioned that problem here on a thread about BE some months ago and a suggestion was made that I buy the mineral veil and use it either under or over the foundation or if that didn't help, under and over a la "sandwich" style with the foundation as the middle filling. That did help....a bit. But my small pores continued to look medium sized and a good friend said to me one night, "gee, I never realized your pores were so visable". That was the end of it and I'm back to my liquid foundation.

Obviously, with so many fans, everyone's skin reacts differently to it. My suggestion would be to buy a trial size from an Ebay seller to see if it works for you.

Jane

Archived