Wedding 8-12pm Then what?

Roxxy

My daughter is getting married on 7 Mile Beach on Cayman Islands. The wedding planner expects the ceremony and toasting to be done by noon.

Do you think we should offer suggestions for our guests to do some sightseeing or a short excursion before returning to the ship by 3:30 or not worth it?

Congrats on your wedding! You do not state how many guests you have, or if there are any children involved. This can make a big difference. Trying to round up a lot of people for a short excursion and making sure everyone is back on the ship on time, seems exhausting. Since it is lunch time following your ceremony, I would just have everyone do a little walking around/shopping by the pier and everyone meet at about 2pm for lunch on the aft deck 9 pool for lunch and cocktails to celebrate. PS; Loved the Splendor

Edited by champagne123

Congrats on your wedding! You do not state how many guests you have, or if there are any children involved. This can make a big difference. Trying to round up a lot of people for a short excursion and making sure everyone is back on the ship on time, seems exhausting. Since it is lunch time following your ceremony, I would just have everyone do a little walking around/shopping by the pier and everyone meet at about 2pm for lunch on the aft deck 9 pool for lunch and cocktails to celebrate. PS; Loved the Splendor

There will be 30 guests (no children) , but maybe 10-15 will be hanging out to be included in the picture taking. I was hoping to just give them some advice as to what they could do after the wedding. Maybe I should just tell them to pack swim suits and stay on the beach?

P.S. Wedding is on the VISTA :) ;p After the Splendor :)

We booked ourself a place for a drink and a small nibble of food paid for by each person and not us. Then we retired back to the ship, took off my dress and we relaxed a couple of hours in the pool bar as a group. We then redressed as we'd booked a specialty for the evening. I was really thankful for the rest as it was hot, I was getting burnt in my wedding dress.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow...you are quite brave! Pray for good weather, winds and tides, because GC is a tender port....and it can be missed due to the aforementioned reasons!

If you make it, I wouldn't plan anything special...perhaps guide your guests to the Grand Cayman website, and they can decide what, if anything, they want to do!