Avoid Full Suite Royal Aft

azgrandmax3

Thank you for post2this. Well be in r735 in September. Any room tips?

My wife and I were in aft cabin R735 on the Royal a couple of weeks ago in Greece and while there was some minor soot on the balcony every morning it was not nearly as bad as I had expected after reading many posts on the subject. If I had not expected a soot issue I doubt I would have thought twice about it. But I did stack the chairs up close to the door at night as a soot precaution. And of course the balcony was cleaned every morning once we left the room. We would definitely reserve the same room again and loved the larger balcony and view from the back.

I think it is very telling that they have downgraded the aft suites on the Royal class ships from Owner's suite to Penthouse suite. The balconies are huge and beautiful--but between the oily soot and the lack of shade they are practically unusable. The suites themselves are beautiful also, but very poorly laid out and not much bigger than the Vista suites on the Grand class ships. Royal Princess overall was a big disappointment.