Gift card ????

G&TQ

For those of you who have ordered AARP gift cards how long do they normally take for you to receive them?

If I have a $100 gift card and pre purchase an excursion using that card. Can I use the balance on the card to go towards the balance on the cruise? Or do I need to wait and have it applied to my sign and sail?

Trying to pay everything off before we sail with discount gift cards.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

Agree, they were averaging about a week to get to me. They are just like regular gift cards. If you don't use the whole amount, the balance remains on the card and you can use that to pay for almost everything pre cruise.

Also, when I order them it says "we will send you an email when it ships" and I have *never* received that second email. They just show up 7-10 days later. I have used it for just paying off my balance, but you can break it into parts, check the balance, etc.

Also, when I order them it says "we will send you an email when it ships" and I have *never* received that second email. They just show up 7-10 days later. I have used it for just paying off my balance, but you can break it into parts, check the balance, etc.

Mine always says this:

The details of your Rewards for Good order are below. You will receive a shipping confirmation email when your order has shipped. If your order includes magazines or gift cards you will not receive a shipping confirmation for these items.

I have ordered the Carnival gc from AARP twice. The first time I ordered under $500 and did not get a shipping/delivery confirmation email. These were delivered USPS. The second time, I order $500 plus, and did get the confirmation email. And these were delivered UPS, and I had to sign for the package. So, I am guessing the shipping/delivery emails depend on the amount and the way delivered.