Verizon / Carnival Gift Cards

Melipope

I was reading some of the other posts about using your Verizon rewards points to purchase Carnival gift cards. We booked through a PVP and have only paid our down payments and are cruising in January. I have 386,000 points! Our balance is somewhere around $1500 due on the cruise. Can I still buy these and apply them to my cruise balance? Can I use more than one (3 $500 gift cards)? :confused::confused::confused:

I was reading some of the other posts about using your Verizon rewards points to purchase Carnival gift cards. We booked through a PVP and have only paid our down payments and are cruising in January. I have 386,000 points! Our balance is somewhere around $1500 due on the cruise. Can I still buy these and apply them to my cruise balance? Can I use more than one (3 $500 gift cards)? :confused::confused::confused:

I bought 3 500 for my upcoming cruise

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Would be able to use them to purchase drinks on the ship?

To answer your first question above, yes you can use the Carnival gift cards (purchased via Verizon Rewards or anywhere else) to pay off your balance. When you login to your Cruise Manager and click the "pay now" button, the next page (scroll down a little) will ask how much you want to pay and what tender type (credit card, gift card or Paypal/Masterpass).

As to the on-board purchases question, yes also. You would need to take your gift card(s) to Guest Services and ask that they be applied to your On Board account.

You can apply them to your balance; add them to your account once you board the ship and use them to pay for anything on the ship....drink packages, specialty dining, pictures, drinks, spa packages or excursions. They are a great way to save a little money!:)

Question about the Carnival GCs via Verizon:

I have 90,000 points. But when purchasing the GCs I can only use 1,000 points at a time and will still have to pay the balance, thus the points will save me 10%.

Am I doing something wrong or is this how it works? I was hoping to be able to trade in points for gift cards, not receive a discount.

Question about the Carnival GCs via Verizon:

I have 90,000 points. But when purchasing the GCs I can only use 1,000 points at a time and will still have to pay the balance, thus the points will save me 10%.

Am I doing something wrong or is this how it works? I was hoping to be able to trade in points for gift cards, not receive a discount.

With the Verizon Smart Rewards to purchase these gift cards (or any gift cards that Verizon offers), it's a standard 10% discount off the price of the card in exchange for points (I believe it calculates to 1000 points per $10 of discount). I have not seen any gift cards available wholly in exchange for points - e.g. you can't exchange 10,000 points and get a free $100 gift card.