Getting to dunns river falls....

dwheeler9

13 of us leaving in 9 short weeks with a stop in ocho rios - some have never been there and have not done the falls - so a few questions for people who have just recently been there - how much is a taxi? each way or round trip? Can you bargain with them on this since there are 13 of us (and 3 are under the age of 4)?? I read on a much older thread that there is a shuttle bus that is much cheaper and right outside of the port area...does anyone know if this is still true?? Thanks for any info you can give me!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not certain about Taxi, but we used 'Chris Jamaica Tours' while in Ocho Rios. We were pleased with his service! He took us to 3 stops. Not certain of exact price, but reasonable per person for day. Worth an inquiry with him!

Thanks for the recommendation jjjennys. I just emailed Chris, as my family will be traveling to Jamaica on the Vista in September. We are a family of 5, so these excursions add up quickly!!! I'm also interested if anyone has any experience on just taking a taxi there...do you need a guide? I'm guessing you probably do...but I'm wondering if people do it on their own, too?

Thanks for the recommendation jjjennys. I just emailed Chris, as my family will be traveling to Jamaica on the Vista in September. We are a family of 5, so these excursions add up quickly!!! I'm also interested if anyone has any experience on just taking a taxi there...do you need a guide? I'm guessing you probably do...but I'm wondering if people do it on their own, too?

I can't comment on the recent taxi prices but I can tell you, you don't need a guide. Take a taxi. You will be fine. Be prepared for some very aggressive vendors that are between where the taxi might drop you and the Falls.

• 2 weeks later...

You will definitely need a falls guide once you get there. After you get the tickets they will assign you a group and a guide.

I can't comment on the recent taxi prices but I can tell you, you don't need a guide. Take a taxi. You will be fine. Be prepared for some very aggressive vendors that are between where the taxi might drop you and the Falls.

You don't need a guide to take you there but you do need a falls guide once you get there. They will assign you one.