How to replace my PVP

cfr70

Thanks for this advice. That e mail address for special needs seems to be exactly what I need and hopefully someone there can either direct me to a PVP who will be more aware of my circumstances or perhaps help directly with booking concerns.

I just wish Carnival had an instant chat feature or at least implement it for special needs customers. I notice many companies adding this service to their general "Contact Us" pages and for me, it's the equivalent to picking up the phone and dealing instantly with a concern rather than wait hours or days for an e mail reply. Especially when there's 1 cabin left on a category I want, time is of the essence!

Glad it might help. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Not saying it's right, but that might have something to do with why he's not attentive. I have nothing to say but positive things to say about my guy. I have caught him at home doing yard work, before going out on New Years Eve, even in his car. If he is busy he will call me back. I find it's quicker to talk by phone vs email. But I can also FB Messenger and he gets back to me quick.
What reason are you referring to? Do you mean because we prefer to contact him via email? If so, I don't think that's it because I had brought this up some time back in another thread about changing PVP's and got a lot of responses from people who said their PVP's have no problems communicating through emails.

I mean, yeah, maybe that's a problem for our guy in particular, but we're not the only ones who prefer it and others don't have this problem. I just don't get why Carnival wouldn't allow someone to change PVP's. If a customer isn't happy with one, I would think they'd want to correct that.

What reason are you referring to? Do you mean because we prefer to contact him via email? If so, I don't think that's it because I had brought this up some time back in another thread about changing PVP's and got a lot of responses from people who said their PVP's have no problems communicating through emails.

I mean, yeah, maybe that's a problem for our guy in particular, but we're not the only ones who prefer it and others don't have this problem. I just don't get why Carnival wouldn't allow someone to change PVP's. If a customer isn't happy with one, I would think they'd want to correct that.

No, the fact that it wasn't his booking. Maybe if he had gotten credit for it, he might be more inclined to correspond with you about it.

Carnival will allow you to change PVPs but having them assign another one can be just as much of a crap shoot. I have sent people to my PVP and he is able to switch them to him.

No, the fact that it wasn't his booking. Maybe if he had gotten credit for it, he might be more inclined to correspond with you about it.

Carnival will allow you to change PVPs but having them assign another one can be just as much of a crap shoot. I have sent people to my PVP and he is able to switch them to him.

Well if that's the case, that stinks because it was out of our control. We didn't already have a PVP to book with. Surely many other cruisers are in the same situation, so I'd think Carnival would want to ensure they're PVP's are treating people good regardless of whether it's their booking or not. We really liked the girl that did our booking and we even asked her if we could speak to her exclusively if need be, but she told us that the regular reps can't be contacted directly by the public. Too bad.

I had two different customer service reps tell me they cannot assign us a new one, that we have to wait for our next booking to get one. So if they do allow us to change mid-booking, they don't make it easy.

Well if that's the case, that stinks because it was out of our control. We didn't already have a PVP to book with. Surely many other cruisers are in the same situation, so I'd think Carnival would want to ensure they're PVP's are treating people good regardless of whether it's their booking or not. We really liked the girl that did our booking and we even asked her if we could speak to her exclusively if need be, but she told us that the regular reps can't be contacted directly by the public. Too bad.

I had two different customer service reps tell me they cannot assign us a new one, that we have to wait for our next booking to get one. So if they do allow us to change mid-booking, they don't make it easy.

The only thing I can say is get in touch with someone outside of here that has a good PVP and have them give you their contact info. Then you can call them directly and they can put you in their database. I don't know of a work around through Carnival besides that. I was fortunate enough to be assigned the best of the best IMHO from the start. Luck of the draw I suppose.

The only thing I can say is get in touch with someone outside of here that has a good PVP and have them give you their contact info. Then you can call them directly and they can put you in their database. I don't know of a work around through Carnival besides that. I was fortunate enough to be assigned the best of the best IMHO from the start. Luck of the draw I suppose.

That is what I would do and have done for that matter.

When our previous pvp left or was fired (heard conflicting answers on that but she was very good) a cruising friend gave me a recommendation and the new one is outstanding.