When to arrive at the ship

kroberts0525

I apologize if this seems like a silly question, but I do not see it anywhere on our paperwork. We are leaving for Canada/NE out of Boston in August at 4:00. What time should we arrive for check in? We do not know our cabin # yet as we selected the GTY option.

We always arrive around 10:30 for check-in which can start at that time or around 11. Boarding usually begins at 11:30.

Cabins are also usually ready around 11:30 so that you can drop anything you carry on before going to lunch or doing whatever you want to do.

Have you checked your luggage tag area on HAL's site? Usually that is the first place guarantee cabin numbers show up. There is also the possibility that you may not know your cabin number until you arrive at the pier. The porters do have a list of cabin numbers -- just have an ink pen ready to fill in your cabin number on the luggage tags.

I apologize if this seems like a silly question, but I do not see it anywhere on our paperwork. We are leaving for Canada/NE out of Boston in August at 4:00. What time should we arrive for check in? We do not know our cabin # yet as we selected the GTY option.

I would shoot for 1100

Prefect! Thank you. I am not stressing about not knowing the cabin # but feel better knowing what time to head over to the port. I'll check my luggage tags, but we just booked yesterday. I am usually a precise vacation planner but this was a spontaneous, last minute trip.