Viking wine by the bottle

zitsky

Quite a few people mentioned ordering bottles of wine at dinner. Is that list the same as the list of wines by the glass? Are you just getting a bottle of what they offer on the wine list? I cannot find a separate wine list by the bottle. If it's not the same as the by the glass list, then does anyone know where I can find a list of wines by the bottle?

We have been on 4 Viking cruises and the wine list has been different for each cruise, depending on the location. Our Douro cruise had Portuguese wines, our Rhone and Seine cruises had French wines, and our Rhine cruise had German wines. Some of the wines available by the bottle are also available by the glass. However, with the Silver Spirits package, we have always been able to order what we want, either by the glass or by the bottle.

They were not the same on our cruise.

On the afternoon of embarkation day, there was a free wine and cheese tasting on the Aquavit Terrace, where you could try some of the Viking wines by the bottle. (And of course, sign up for the spirits package if you wished.)

Also, bear in mind that Viking lets you bring wine onboard, and serves it with no corkage fee. Naturally, the wine shops in the ports are aware of this, and many offered tastings. Our tablemates attended many of these tastings and brought quite a few local wines to dinner.

We have been on 4 Viking cruises and the wine list has been different for each cruise, depending on the location. Our Douro cruise had Portuguese wines, our Rhone and Seine cruises had French wines, and our Rhine cruise had German wines. Some of the wines available by the bottle are also available by the glass. However, with the Silver Spirits package, we have always been able to order what we want, either by the glass or by the bottle.

Thank you! It sounds like the bottle list gives you a better selection. I wasn't impressed with some of the wines listed in Viking's wine list posted online. (By the glass) I think the Viking list is just an example of what you might see, not necessarily what you will actually see.

For example, one of the reds was from Lodi, CA. That's not top quality wine. I'd expect to see Napa, Sonoma, Central Coast, etc.

I know we can buy our own wine and bring it onboard.