Luggage Help

mommag3boys

How many bags can you have? Not including a carry on.

I've gotten myself down to a carry on, a average size suitcase and a smaller size one, my husband has one other.

I've seen some say 2 and some say one. Does the 2 count the carry one? Do they enforce this rule?

I'm coming up on my 33rd cruise, and I've never heard of any limitations on how much luggage you can take. I've seen people check a lot more than 2 bags, no problem.

The only restriction I have heard of is, any bag carried on must fit through the screener. The carry on bags that airlines allow, fit right through Carnival's screener.

I have never heard of limitations, but I will point out that suitcases take up space in a tiny cabin, even if you find clever ways to store them. It depends on how long your cruise is, but my wife and I have ALWAYS over packed. Now, we have the two of us down to one standard suitcase and one carry-on size suitcase. We also bring a backpack for our airline "personal item" that contains our swim suits, passports, etc in case there is any goofiness with luggage.

I have never heard of limitations, but I will point out that suitcases take up space in a tiny cabin, even if you find clever ways to store them. It depends on how long your cruise is, but my wife and I have ALWAYS over packed. Now, we have the two of us down to one standard suitcase and one carry-on size suitcase. We also bring a backpack for our airline "personal item" that contains our swim suits, passports, etc in case there is any goofiness with luggage.

That is why you use 2-3 suitcases that fit inside one another.

That is why you use 2-3 suitcases that fit inside one another.

These are the kind we have for this very purpose. I managed to get it down to one of the larger for myself plus a airline carryon and Hubby has a smaller luggage plus a small duffle carry on. I'm an overpacker so I just had for really narrow it down.

Those saying there are no limits, go back and read Post # 2.

This is another area where Carnival has a suggestion not a policy

From Carnival Website

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1373/~/embarkation---luggage-information

"To help you plan, we suggest you limit your luggage to a maximum of one bag per person, if traveling on cruises of 3-5 days duration, and no more than two bags per person, for cruises of 6 days or longer."

"Each checked suit case and carry-on suit case should not weigh more than 50 pounds, and when lying flat, bags must not exceed 16 inches high by 24 inches wide (the length of the bag is not a factor). For security screening purposes and to avoid any delivery delay, all luggage should be unlocked."

I get that some people will say well that's what you should do, but as others are pointing out, they don't enforce it and really don't make it sound like they will. The fact that they use "must not" in describing the size of bags, and the ticket includes the word "Prohibited" in other areas, they are saying that number of bags and weight are not that important to them.