HOST CECILIA...help pls

sjbdtz

I wrote a reply to SerenadingSarah in her thread about sexual harassment.

I show up as the last poster in the thread, but my post is not at the end of the thread.

I can see the post in the FIND ALL POSTS BY in my profile, but when I click on the post to see it in its entirety, it takes me to the thread, and the post isn't there.

What's up?

Thanks,

Stephen

You looking for this one

Now we're getting to the crux of the matter. One thing your letter didn't do was explain what resolution you wanted.

Did you want him fired? A refund? A future cruise-credit? $38 million dollars?

Since you left that gaping hole in the letter, it's difficult for them to understand where you are coming from.

Would you be insulted if they said "We'll give you a $50 credit"? You have to let them know what's unacceptable, and what would cause you to sign a release waiver....because at the end of the day, anything they offer to you will be conditional on you signing a waiver that you won't sue them over the issue.

I would suggest emailing Mr. Veitch, briefly describing the early week, and highlighting the last day when he shut the door behind himself in your cabin. THIS last day is the MOST unacceptable event during the week, and the one which most signficantly requires addressing.

I would also reasonably explain to Mr. Veitch what you are hoping to accomplish:

a) a cruise credit towards your next itinerary (by the way, it's useful to already have a cruise booked...so they can see you're serious about giving them a chance to redeem the cruiseline)

b) that you want an assurance that this employee has at a minimum been reprimanded and re-trained on what behavior is appropriate.

Send him this email, and indicate toward the end that once you are satisfied with the resolution of the matter, you will not hesitate to sign a release waiver. This will reassure them that your motives are not mercenary.

Just some thoughts to think about. Also, using your email program, request a READ RECEIPT so that you'll get a confirmation when the email was read.

Stephen

It's there:rolleyes:

Although I'm not Cecelia, I am replying because this has happened to me several times recently, and a little bit of patience was all it took for the problem to be resolved. It seems to happen during times of heavy posting, and after a little while the post will suddenly appear normally.

Did you also notice that when you try to access the post, it automatically takes you to the first post on that page of the thread? It frustrated me no end the first time it happened. Eventually I quit fretting over it and it resolved itself.

Hope this helps! ;)

Archived