Viewing shore excursions online

bellemere

The descriptions of the tours are not very detailed, its hard to plan your day sometimes if you have to buy entrance tickets to something you want to see away from the tour. I think the lack of details is because each guide is different. If you didnt know, each guide is trained by Viking before they can give a tour (the two guides that told me about this fact also said that other lines do not do this). Since my cruise was in the quiet season, the guides were very happy to have work and all very good.

Embarrassed- such a newbie. Didn't realize there was a drop down box on the included excursions where there were additional time slots. So although I didn't get our preferred time slot I got one half an hour later. Thanks to all who responded with helpful tips. Can't even blame getting up in the middle of the night to book the optionals as I was awake (?) during the day booking the included excursions [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Embarrassed- such a newbie. Didn't realize there was a drop down box on the included excursions where there were additional time slots. So although I didn't get our preferred time slot I got one half an hour later. Thanks to all who responded with helpful tips. Can't even blame getting up in the middle of the night to book the optionals as I was awake (?) during the day booking the included excursions [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad to hear that everything is straightened out.

Actually, it is good feedback for Viking (who do monitor these boards) to hear what problems we encounter. Sometimes what is logical for the designers is not necessarily logical to the users, especially those of us in the Viking target demographic.

Sometimes what is logical for the designers is not necessarily logical to the users, especially those of us in the Viking target demographic.

Good point. As one who has designed GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces) but not for the web - I agree. It's hard to put yourself in somebody else's head. A design that makes perfect sense to me - elegant even - might be met with a "ya gotta be kidding!" when I've demonstrated what I thought was truly a magnus opus to a manager or friendly colleague.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found booking off my wishlist very helpful. I had resolved time conflicts at my leisure before setting the wishlist and on our booking day just went through the list, put each in my cart, then removed it from the list. One port did not show any availability but by the time I finished and looked back it was available. I had started the process about nine am and had paid and printed my receipt by ten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk