Long Bay?...help...and cabs

mosaic45

Hi everyone. I am thinking I would like to go to Long bay but I'm wondering about cab fare...and if you get a cab can they be trusted to come back and get you at a certain time. Are there cabs at this beach on a regular basis?...that if for some reason our cab didn't show up I could catch another one?

My daughter and I like to snorkel but my older son doesn't. Are there "other" things to do at Long bay?

Thanks for the info.

Cori

We were at Long Bay last week during our cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. It's a beautiful beach but was quite a cab ride from the pier and it got crowded. At each end of the beach there is a beautiful hotel - Pineapple Beach at one end and Long Bay hotel at the other. There was a little bar right on the beach, a guy renting waverunners, and an area where women were selling cover ups etc. We asked our cab driver to come back and pick us up and he was there right on time. We have done this several times and never had a problem.

Thank you very much. I have decided that Long Bay Beach is where my family will go on our Serenade cruise in April :)

But, I need to first make sure we can rent chairs and buy food/drinks. Is this correct? Also, approximately how long of a ride should we anticipate from the pier and approx. cost. Thank you all very very much!

Archived