Rainforest Room

cltdad

So, how exactly does this place work? The hot tubs are supposedly for 2 people. Do you just stand in a line to wait your turn to get in the tub? Do strangers try to climb in like a frat party? Can you do the saunas as a couple or would you have to do them by gender? Is it worth getting a day pass or two?

My wife and I did the rainforest room on the dream. Planning on doing it when we go on the magic next year..

Below is for the dream. I believe the magic is smaller. But don't know specifics

1. You can probably fit 3-4 people on each one comfortably. We've never had strangers climb into it, but that's always possible. There are two hot tubs on the dream in rainforest... a few more scattered around the ship.

Saunas can be done as a couple. They are in the same big room as the showers. Separated by temperature... warm, warmer. Warmest. (Don't remember the numbers) only one of them has a window outside which tends to make it more crowded.. would suggest one of the other two if you want to be more secluded.

There's some YouTube videos with walkthroughs of the rainforest room on the dream. If it helps get a picture of what I described

We did the pass for length of the cruise. Varies based on length of your trip. I would do that (slight discount compared to per day rate).

They also have heated marble chairs... after a dip in the sauna. I dried off a few times on it, and ended up falling asleep (there are around 8-10 chairs I think).

Couple of times, my wife went back to the room to get ready for dinner, then came back to wake me up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First, there is a huge difference between the Dream/Fantasy and the Magic/Wonder. The hot tubs are only on the newer ships.

The steam rooms are for multiple people, and yes, strangers come and go as they desire. The steam rooms vary by intensity and scent. Some of the rooms have seats for 4 people while others can easily hold 10. The showers are for one...or possibly 2 at most, and I've never seen strangers try to enter those while in use.

The length of cruise pass is only a bargain if you go every day. Miss one day and you're better off with daily passes. The couple's pass is a nice deal. I find that I enjoy the rainforest much more on "off season" cruises with cooler weather. When it is steamy outside, I don't use it as much.

There are hot tubs on all ships outside of the rainforest area--by the pools. These hold about 6 people and no, climbing into one does not make it "Your" spot until you leave. Yes, strangers do get in and out.

i never did the rainforest on the smaller ships, but when i took my mom and sister on the dream a few years ago, we decided to try it out on the last day and surprisingly, we all enjoyed it....

i most enjoyed the hot tub and my mom and sister liked those warm bed/lounger things best...

it was all quite relaxing with a lovely view...i was very surprised how few people were in there, considering how inexpensive a day pass was...

the only thing i didn't like about it? the fact that it's coed....i prefer my spa experiences to be single sex...

the showers lose a lot of the effect when you have a swim suit on...

but for a pleasant ship experience, it's not bad...

I've done the Rainforest Room on both the Fantasy and the Wonder, and they are different experiences. On the Fantasy, the windows make the whole area much brighter. The two hot tubs are closest to the outside window and sit right next to one another. Each holds two, maybe three people, - if a couple is in there, I can't imagine someone else hopping into the same tub. . If they are occupied you just wait for an opening. The hot tubs are visible from the lounger area via a glass wall, so you can scope out when it looks like someone is getting out and you can take their place. The heated loungers are behind the hot tubs, separated by a glass wall, so you can see out to the ocean from the loungers. The saunas, steam rooms and showers are between the lounger room and the entryway. This area is enclosed, so you can't see the ocean. One sauna does have a window at one end, however. The saunas, steam rooms and showers vary by scent and temperature. The saunas and steam rooms all hold multiple people, so folks will come and go while you're there. You can purchase body scrubs to use in the steam rooms.

On the Wonder, the entire area is enclosed with no view to the ocean. I found the atmosphere to be very calm and quiet. The lights are dimmer. There are no hot tubs, and overall it is smaller. The heated loungers surround a running fountain, and there is lemon water in a dispenser.

Both spas are coed and swimsuits are required. The showers in both are not enclosed, so you are visible to others in the room Single-sex saunas are available in each locker room.

Hope that helps!