Question on name change or refund?

Friend is booked for a cruise end of August, going thru some marriage difficulties, not sure if her and husband will be together at time of cruise (most likely not) no trip insurance, how would that work if he does not go? would you just leave the cabin paid for with 1 person attending or would you have to cancel the 2nd person? would you be able to substitute a friend instead (change the name) no air involved. How does that work?

My last ncl cruise I had to cancel my husband because he had too work. I just called NCL and it was done with in a few minutes Since I canceled him before the final paynet date we were offered a refund. The employee stated, that if you are past the final payment date you will get that money back in the form of onboard credit. Since there is onyone person in that room now you will be charged for two people automatically. I would contact NCl to see if there's any studios left, because you will come out ahead. By the way NCL doesn't not charge a change fee for any reason

By the way NCL doesn't not charge a change fee for any reason

Know that while that may be anecdotally true case by case, according to NCL's cancellation policy, name changes constitute a cancellation AFTER final payment. I believe OP is after final payment.

• Name changes and departure date changes are considered reservation cancellations and are subject to the above cancellation fees.

https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

To say that NCL doesn't charge a change fee for any reason isn't really accurate.

As the above link indicates, name changes are a cancellation.

BUT - it seems a few folks have indicated they can change ONE of the names on a reservation. One of the original people booked must still be traveling.

I am not 100% sure, but have seen it posted here more than once.

I am not 100% sure, but have seen it posted here more than once.

Yeah, I've seen it as well from time to time. But that post above is not accurate information.

Does it hurt to call and see what can be done? Absolutely not. But posting that NCL doesn't charge change fees "for any reason" isn't right.

Just have the husband be a no show and your friend just sail by herself.

That works great if she goes alone.

In any event, do your friend a big favor and get them on this board.