Leave ship 10 am for half h airport transfer, flight at 8 pm, any suggestions please?

I know I'll sound like a real wimp but that would be out of my comfort zone - Thank you, though, for being good enough to suggest it.

The reason we are so pleased with the flights is because they are direct. Although we managed the last time I found changing at Heathrow a bit stressful. (Long ago a friend suggested I should take 'brave pills!

Crimson

Heathrow is more than a bit stressful even for those of us who fly frequently. Far from my favorite airport.

I am a little bit confused about your plans for the day and whether you are only going to the mall or also going into the city (you mention Ground Zero).

Regardless, a technique I use frequently is to simply go to any full-service hotel and drop your bags with the bell desk. If you tip them, they will store the bag for you. You do not have to be checking into or out of the hotel in order to do this.

I would recommend a full-service hotel for this as you may encounter more problems at a limited-service brand without a separate bell desk.

If you want to stay in the Newark area, I'd recommend having you taxi stop by either the airport Hilton or the airport Marriott and asking them to store your bags.

If you are heading into the city, and to Ground Zero in particular, there is a Marriott basically right there so I would ask your taxi or uber to just take you to the hotel and you can store your bags there until you're ready to head back to the airport.

Heathrow is more than a bit stressful even for those of us who fly frequently. Far from my favorite airport.

I am a little bit confused about your plans for the day and whether you are only going to the mall or also going into the city (you mention Ground Zero).

Regardless, a technique I use frequently is to simply go to any full-service hotel and drop your bags with the bell desk. If you tip them, they will store the bag for you. You do not have to be checking into or out of the hotel in order to do this.

I would recommend a full-service hotel for this as you may encounter more problems at a limited-service brand without a separate bell desk.

If you want to stay in the Newark area, I'd recommend having you taxi stop by either the airport Hilton or the airport Marriott and asking them to store your bags.

If you are heading into the city, and to Ground Zero in particular, there is a Marriott basically right there so I would ask your taxi or uber to just take you to the hotel and you can store your bags there until you're ready to head back to the airport.

Ground Zero is pre-cruise when they stay in Manhattan. Jersey Mall is post cruise.;)

Yes - we hope to visit Ground Zero on the one day we have after arriving at Newark before the cuise and we are pleased with the hotel arrangement pre cruise.

If an airport hotel would store our bags on our departure date, for a tip or a fee that would be good and definitely worth looking into, thank you.

As far as we know there is no excursion on the day we disembark.

Everyone here is so very helpful and is is really appreciated, thank you.

Crimson

Mall stores - http://www.simon.com/mall/the-mills-at-jersey-gardens/stores

I like Dunkin Donuts for coffee, but many folks like Starbucks.

Thanks 138east. If we do have to take our bags to the Mall I would be happy to have coffee or lunch anywhere our bags would be allowed.

It sounds encouraging though, if an Airport Hotel may help us (for a tip or a fee) without having to book a room for the day.

I am very pleased but had no idea so many people here on Cruise Critic would be so helpful - taking time to reply and to make suggestions - it's great.

Crimson

Thanks Misplaced Texan. Ground Zero will be before the cruise on our one free day. Do you happen to know which 'Full Service' hotel would be closest to Terminal C at Newark?

Our transfer from the ship will take us to Terminal C at Newark and, hopefully we can check in at a kiosk, and print boarding passes there (since we won't have an internet package on the ship) before setting off to enjoy the day outside the airport if at all possible.

Many thanks

Crimson

Thanks Misplaced Texan. Ground Zero will be before the cruise on our one free day. Do you happen to know which 'Full Service' hotel would be closest to Terminal C at Newark?

Our transfer from the ship will take us to Terminal C at Newark and, hopefully we can check in at a kiosk, and print boarding passes there (since we won't have an internet package on the ship) before setting off to enjoy the day outside the airport if at all possible.

Many thanks

Crimson

You should be able to check in and print boarding passes without issue.

Also, while the rule is technically four hours, it would not hurt to very politely ask a check-in agent if you can check your bags in early. Your odds will be improved if you have elite status or are flying business, but the worst they can say is "no" and I have had United agents say "yes" on occasion.

Otherwise, the hotel trick is your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know if you want to go into Manhattan but there is luggage storage there. www.Schwartztravel.com they have two locations. That would leave you free to get around..

Thanks emdia- We thought the Mall would be best as it is so close to the airport and we could do some last minute shopping and have some lunch before returning to the airport.

It's good of you to include the link, thank you.

Crimson

There is also a post cruise excursion to Manhattan showing on my Cape Liberty cruise. It is a little pricey but it's for four hours and then they drop you back at Newark airport

There is also a post cruise excursion to Manhattan showing on my Cape Liberty cruise. It is a little pricey but it's for four hours and then they drop you back at Newark airport

Thanks bean. I'll look out for that post cruise excursion in case It's not going to be possible to get to the Mall.

Many thanks.

Crimson