Local Beer By the port??

Majkman

Looking for a place to try a local beer near the port. A place to just chill before getting back on the ship. It seems, and I'm good if it's the pick, that maybe Senor Frogs is the place to go to.

Thanks for any input.

Andy

The larger brew pub in Old San Juan, Old Harbor, closed. But for some local craft beers, La Taberna Lupulo on Calle San Sebastian up closer tot he forts is a good stop. Otherwise, most bars will carry Medalla the local Puerto Rican beer.

The larger brew pub in Old San Juan, Old Harbor, closed. But for some local craft beers, La Taberna Lupulo on Calle San Sebastian up closer tot he forts is a good stop. Otherwise, most bars will carry Medalla the local Puerto Rican beer.

Thank you sweeper,

We are doing the cruise excursion to Bacardi and back, is La Taberna a reasonable walking distance to from the port? Can it be done in half an hour? Otherwise, I will find myself a cold Medalla closer to our ship.

Cheers,

Andy

Thank you sweeper,

We are doing the cruise excursion to Bacardi and back, is La Taberna a reasonable walking distance to from the port? Can it be done in half an hour? Otherwise, I will find myself a cold Medalla closer to our ship.

Cheers,

Andy

It's about a 15 minute walk. The place is on Calle San Sebastian behind the Museum of Art and History. Definitely an under 10 minute taxi ride.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

It's about a 15 minute walk. The place is on Calle San Sebastian behind the Museum of Art and History. Definitely an under 10 minute taxi ride.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

Thank you!! Looking forward to it!!!

Cheers,

Andy

I've since been told by a beer geek friend who lives on PR that there are 2-3 good craft breweries near San Juan. But none are in OSJ proper, so it'd be a taxi ride and if these places are anything like craft breweries in the US, they'll not necessarily have convenient tasting hours.

Barring time to get there, I suggest just walking up to the Plaza de Colon and finding an small outdoor café in the shade, have a cold Medalla and people watch.