Going Formal on the Dawn

leos037

Was wondering when is it? Is there one night or two? :confused: ( 1/2/06 sailing 10 day Eastern Carribean )

Suggestions for wardrobe ?

- was thinking of wearing sandy colored business suit, will i be alone in a dark suited/ tuxedo sea :eek: ?

Was wondering when is it? Is there one night or two? :confused: ( 1/2/06 sailing 10 day Eastern Carribean )

Suggestions for wardrobe ?

- was thinking of wearing sandy colored business suit, will i be alone in a dark suited/ tuxedo sea :eek: ?

10 day two formal optional nights - the key word optional.

You will be fine in your suit. In fact one of the best dressed. Yes there will be some in a tux, some in dark suits, some in light suits,some in lime green suits, some with a sports coat and tie, some with the coat no tie, some in a nice shirt and slacks, some in a polo shirt and dockers, some in the same thing they had on all day, and a few that will show up for dinner in jeans.

Sort of a 50/50 casual/dressy - the net you will be happy in what ever you feel comfortable in.

I am struggling with the same issue. We are booking on NCL because we would like to try the casual dining. Never done this before I am not sure what to pack as well... For a lady it is easier than the man I think... I am probably going to go with a fancy type of sun dress or something and I think for my husabnd we are going with open shirt and jacket for the formal nights. Do they still have captian parties, like on the other ships that do formal nights??

I do like formal nights, but I am looking forward to this time not having to pack all the formal stuff.

NCL is pleasure when it comes to "what to wear". I find that simple slax with a dressy top and sandles fits the bill for almost every night. I have never been more comfortable than on their ships since freestyle dining. Enjoy your self!!!

I am struggling with the same issue. We are booking on NCL because we would like to try the casual dining. Never done this before I am not sure what to pack as well... For a lady it is easier than the man I think... I am probably going to go with a fancy type of sun dress or something and I think for my husabnd we are going with open shirt and jacket for the formal nights. Do they still have captian parties, like on the other ships that do formal nights??

I do like formal nights, but I am looking forward to this time not having to pack all the formal stuff.

You do not have to pack any formal clothing.

It is really up to you, how you dress.

We have only cruised Owners Suite ~ hence an invitation to Captains cocktail party (before dinner) on formal night.

Many dress up for the cocktail party..many do not.

We have also done "formal night" casual.

I suggest that you do what is comfortable for you.

If you are tired of packing "formal" don't do it.

You will be fine!

Many dress-up on formal night for their portraits.

We have dressed "casual" on formal night and eaten at any restaurant of our choice.

That's the beauty of "freestyle"

Just relax and enjoy your cruise:)

Archived