Villefranche-Nice-Eze-Villefranche

jacobtsf

My Fiancee and I will be on RCCL Freedom in August, and will be at Villefranche one of our days. After doing a good amount of research we decided to not do an excursion (ship or private) but do that day independent.

Our plan is to travel from Villefranche to Nice by train or bus, explore for a decent amount of time, and then take the bus from Nice to Eze. My question is what is the best way to get back to Villefranche from Eze?

There are a few options, but the one that usually makes the most sense is to take the #83 bus (there is only about 1 per hour so you need to check the schedule when you arrive at Eze Village and plan accordingly) which will take you down to the coastal road..including a stop at Eze sur Mer train station. From here you can either catch a train or the #100 bus back to Villefranche. You could also stay on that 83 bus until it gets to Beaulieu....from where I would assume its possible to walk back to Villefranche. We have never tried this walk...but I would guess its approximately 1 - 1.5 miles.

Hank