need advice for help

Hoping someone can advice me what to do now. Kind of long story but here goes

Back last fall I booked 4 cabins together for myself and friends for a Canada/New England cruise Oct 2017. Well a month ago a friend decided she wanted to go and asked me if I could book a cabin for her. The only balcony cabin even on our floor was down the hall on the other side of the ship for more money. That was fine - all booked. I told them at that time that one of the 4 cabins may decide to cancel. I asked if they did could the 5th party move to that cabin for the price they paid and I was told yes that would not be a problem. When they decide to cancel it could be changed no problem - the price was for the cabin, not the person and it was already booked for that. I called 2 weeks again to make a payment and asked again about it and was told no problem, just let them know and they would handle it.

Well yesterday I called. I was told that no if they wanted the cabin they would have to pay the rated that it is now which is even more money. What? I told her not to cancel it until we could be sure of price. She said the ship was full so they did not have anything to get a price for it.. In the process of trying to figure out a price she cancelled the booking. She tried to get it back and now said she couldn't - that the booking wasn't cancelled, but in "limbo". She put me on hold and tried to call resolutions who in turn tried to call IT because she said it was an IT problem.

I was told IT was working on it and a supervisor from Resolutions would call me. She said they were watching that cabin so no one could book it - she saw "information" that I was told I could change the people to that cabin for the original price so they would work on doing that.

Well last night I got a notice that the booking was cancelled.

I am beside myself right now. Worst case scenario, the 5th party stays in their booked cabin for the price they booked but I am so upset that this happened. Have not received a call back yet but I want to call this morning and not sure who to call.

Can anyone advise me here?

Hope I explained this whole story so you can understand it...

Thanks

Hoping someone can advice me what to do now. Kind of long story but here goes

Back last fall I booked 4 cabins together for myself and friends for a Canada/New England cruise Oct 2017. Well a month ago a friend decided she wanted to go and asked me if I could book a cabin for her. The only balcony cabin even on our floor was down the hall on the other side of the ship for more money. That was fine - all booked. I told them at that time that one of the 4 cabins may decide to cancel. I asked if they did could the 5th party move to that cabin for the price they paid and I was told yes that would not be a problem. When they decide to cancel it could be changed no problem - the price was for the cabin, not the person and it was already booked for that. I called 2 weeks again to make a payment and asked again about it and was told no problem, just let them know and they would handle it.

Well yesterday I called. I was told that no if they wanted the cabin they would have to pay the rated that it is now which is even more money. What? I told her not to cancel it until we could be sure of price. She said the ship was full so they did not have anything to get a price for it.. In the process of trying to figure out a price she cancelled the booking. She tried to get it back and now said she couldn't - that the booking wasn't cancelled, but in "limbo". She put me on hold and tried to call resolutions who in turn tried to call IT because she said it was an IT problem.

I was told IT was working on it and a supervisor from Resolutions would call me. She said they were watching that cabin so no one could book it - she saw "information" that I was told I could change the people to that cabin for the original price so they would work on doing that.

Well last night I got a notice that the booking was cancelled.

I am beside myself right now. Worst case scenario, the 5th party stays in their booked cabin for the price they booked but I am so upset that this happened. Have not received a call back yet but I want to call this morning and not sure who to call.

Can anyone advise me here?

Hope I explained this whole story so you can understand it...

Thanks

Were the extra cabin and the cabin being cancelled in the same catagory?

The original 4 were D2 - the newer one was a D1. I wanted a D2 cancelled and the D1 people moved to the D2.

I was told on 2 different occasions that it could be done.

On the phone with them now trying to see where things stand..

The original 4 were D2 - the newer one was a D1. I wanted a D2 cancelled and the D1 people moved to the D2.

I was told on 2 different occasions that it could be done. .

I think you were told wrong - I don't think you can't change both names on a booking without triggering a reprice.

I probably should not have worded it like that. We were just trying to keep all the cabins together. They were ok with it when they booked it because it was the only balcony cabin left on the ship. Unfortunately we were given wrong info that they could move to be with the rest of us for the original price paid on that cabin. Now I am finding out it was incorrect info given twice.

Yes they are very happy with their cabin just they were looking forward to having a cabin with the rest of us and not having to pay more money for a lesser category.

A d1 is a higher priced cabin than a d2 unless there is some kind of sale going on for d1's, so if a person went from a d1 to a d2 then you are changing cats and there would be a reprice. So, yes they could move to the d2 and pay the current price

A d1 is a higher priced cabin than a d2 unless there is some kind of sale going on for d1's, so if a person went from a d1 to a d2 then you are changing cats and there would be a reprice. So, yes they could move to the d2 and pay the current price

Yes that is what I was told today but not what I was told on 2 prior occasions..