Uniworld Delightful Danube and Prague 9/11/2017 Melk or Spitz

sawtooth

Melk Abbey is incredible, we thoroughly enjoyed it. I looked at the cruise companion for your cruise, and it says you can be bussed back to the ship, instead of staying in Melk. If that's the case, that may be the way to go. We aren't wine drinkers, and it looks like the Spitz excursion is more about wine tasting, so it would be an easier choice for us to make.

It's a beautiful area, either way.

Have a great trip!

Robin

Melk Abbey was spectacular, and if I were to do it again I would skip the guided tour through the building and just go into the library, church and tour the gardens. We had very limited time and it felt as if there was too much time spent going through the museum - y part where we were herded through. Each interconecting room had a tour group, so as soon as the next room was vacated were were shuffled in to it with no time to dawdle because the next group was right on our heels.

Either choice you make will be a good one.

RB

Melk Abbey is incredible, we thoroughly enjoyed it. I looked at the cruise companion for your cruise, and it says you can be bussed back to the ship, instead of staying in Melk. If that's the case, that may be the way to go. We aren't wine drinkers, and it looks like the Spitz excursion is more about wine tasting, so it would be an easier choice for us to make.

It's a beautiful area, either way.

Have a great trip!

Robin

HMMMM

So I wonder if we go to Melk and then take the bus back to the boat we would then have time to walk around Spitz before reboarding.

That would seem perfect. We could see both.