Legend Email Question, etc.

bldsld

Has anybody actually received mail while onboard at:

<guest.legend@seabourn.com> ?

Also, I can't recall if there is a CD-Rom drive on any of the computers in the computer room. Does anyone remember if there is such a feature? Ken wants to know, for reasons as yet undetermined...hopefully not WORK! :eek:

Thanks,

Denyse

Hi Denyse

I certainly received email on the Spirit this month when addressed to guest.spirit so I am sure that will work.

Sorry, not sure about the CDrom as I used my own laptop. Certainly, the computers in the business centre are heavily restricted and, for example, you can no longer cut and paste from docs on a floppy in the floppy drive.

Hi Norm,

Thanks for the info re: email. Nice, also, to see you posting again!

Looks like we will finally get to meet on the April Legend crossing. We're staying on through to Rome.

Can't wait to see your pics once you get a chance to post them.

Regards,

Denyse

Norm.......CONGRATULATIONS! Am looking forward to meeting MRS. Fisher!

Will you be bringing your baby next sailing? Perhaps you and the Mrs. might want to book a Disney cruise.....as you know, Seabourn is not a Line for children. (nothing for them to do):confused:

Denyse, YES, that's the Legend e-mail address......I e-mailed several friends on the Legend Crossing in Nov. I shall e-mail YOU and KEN!:p

Happy Trails and Sails,

Miss M.

A big advantage of using your own laptop is that you can write all your emails offline and only go online to send them. Unfortunately, using a computer in the business centre, you have to compose emails while online.

Good point, I'm debating yet if I want to lug the laptop or not. I refuse to conduct business while on vacation so I normally don't bring it, but it would be nice to email friends from the suite or while laying in the sun, etc

Hi Denyse,

We received the email from you while on the Legend so it does work fine!

Hope you and Ken and all the others have a wonderful cruise, we will be thinking of you and watching your progress on the Captain's website.

Bon Voyage!

Kathryn

On the Legend there are 4 computers in the Business center aka Cyber Cafe, and agood light is over only one of them. Two face the window on the starboard side and two face aft, to the wall. I paid about $180.00 for 8 hours for my 20 day jaunt, knowing that I had to write emails while on line. However, there are increments down to 1 hour, I think. I did write a recommendation that in the re-fit, they re-configure the overhead lights to actually light up the areas.

JudgeB

There are 5 or 6 computers in the business centre and the cost of access to the internet is 50c a minute but cheaper if you buy a time package.

Thanks a lot for the information. It's a lot pricier than Radisson, which was $40 for 10 hours, but I'll just be online more briefly.

Thanks a lot for the information. It's a lot pricier than Radisson, which was $40 for 10 hours, but I'll just be online more briefly.

I will say that the connection is pretty fast. (not DSL fast, but alot faster than other cruise ships I've been on!)

Host Dan

A big advantage of using your own laptop is that you can write all your emails offline and only go online to send them. Unfortunately, using a computer in the business centre, you have to compose emails while online.

Another advantage to bringing your laptop is the ability to download pictures from your digital camera and copy them to a CD.

Lisa :)

Hi Denyse,

We received the email from you while on the Legend so it does work fine!

Hope you and Ken and all the others have a wonderful cruise, we will be thinking of you and watching your progress on the Captain's website.

Bon Voyage!

Kathryn

Thanks, Kathryn--we will really try to have a good time.....:D:D:D

Archived