Dining question

Interesting for me to read this thread so far....

For me specialty has been consistently better, and I go to both MTD and specialty on my cruises as per my reviews so I do compare on all my sailings. In my humble opinion, I cannot remember what I actually ate in any MDR, on any ship, on any night.... totally unmemorable and mediocre..Try it... can you remember any specifics of your MDR dinners? I can easily write down and explain what I had at my first Sabor experience on Navigator (2014 by the way), just totally awesome night and so memorable and fun! I can add Wonderland on Harmony, Samba on Radiance and the excellent dinners on Quantum with M_Mom, Beachcruzer and others. MDR equal to Central Park 150??? Uhm... no, obviously those that think that have never dined there.

I feel the specialties are absolutely worth the measly $100 for a 4 or 5 night package for example. Unless of course, the RCL beancounters have now recently started reducing specialty quality and service in order to penny pinch here as well, thus making specialties worse recently

Interesting for me to read this thread so far....

For me specialty has been consistently better, and I go to both MTD and specialty on my cruises as per my reviews so I do compare on all my sailings. In my humble opinion, I cannot remember what I actually ate in any MDR, on any ship, on any night.... totally unmemorable and mediocre..Try it... can you remember any specifics of your MDR dinners? I can easily write down and explain what I had at my first Sabor experience on Navigator (2014 by the way), just totally awesome night and so memorable and fun! I can add Wonderland on Harmony, Samba on Radiance and the excellent dinners on Quantum with M_Mom, Beachcruzer and others. MDR equal to Central Park 150??? Uhm... no, obviously those that think that have never dined there.

I feel the specialties are absolutely worth the measly $100 for a 4 or 5 night package for example. Unless of course, the RCL beancounters have now recently started reducing specialty quality and service in order to penny pinch here as well, thus making specialties worse recently

Interesting exercise! I did remember 2 or 3. Or should I say only 2 or 3? But we have, fortunately, never considered the MDR to be just mediocre.

We went on our first cruise last year. I got a good deal on 3 night dining package so we figured it would be something different. We found the MDR mediocre at best. The food just had very lil taste. I had ordered fish one night and I could have swore it was chicken. I even asked the waiter to confirm it was fish. The other two nights that we ate in the main dining room I couldn't tell you what we ate.

We found the steaks in Chops excellent and the wait staff went out of their way to help. We enjoyed it so much we went back for a second night and recommended it to a couple couples we met that were not happy with the MDR.

For our third night we went to the Mexican place. What struck me about this one was the waiter made us feel like family. The guacamole was fabulous and I could have made a meal or of it. It was not busy at the time we went and the waiter ended up sitting down with us and chatting. He made suggestions that I would not have normally are but they were so fabulous.

We have a cruise coming up in October and I have already booked our specialty dining. I doubt we will eat in the MDR at all. Last cruise we found the Windjammer better than the MDR.