Which cruise lines strictly enforce their dress codes?

calikak

I think the real question should be not which line enforces the dress code but which line attracts the most passengers who care enough about themselves and their fellow passengers to adhere to the dress code. That is a better guage as to which ship to sail on if one wants a particular atmosphere as part of their cruise package.

In May we sailed on Caribbean Princess with our Daughter and Son-in-Law. He wanted to wear jeans to dinner and I told him they may not let him so he may as well change into his khakis. He called the dining room and was told that jeans were ok to wear :(

Contrasted to May, 2002 when we sailed Ocean Princess and witnessed a man be turned away on formal night for not having a jacket on. He was furious but went to change anyway.

How times change.

I think the real question should be not which line enforces the dress code but which line attracts the most passengers who care enough about themselves and their fellow passengers to adhere to the dress code. That is a better guage as to which ship to sail on if one wants a particular atmosphere as part of their cruise package.

Only problem with that is that's it's hard to determine that information. If I had to select a cruise today based on which one attracted a better dressed crowd, I'd have a difficult decision. Carnival and RCCL seem to be the most casual, but other than that, it seems to be a coin toss.

Jane

Archived