Confused with Southwest booking system

hazeof3dd

as fares between BOS, PVD, BDL, JFK, LGA, and EWR to MCO climb well over $400 still no Southwest. I do have Cruise Air with Royal Caribbean out of JFK on hold as a absolute last choice back-up.... I have been checking Southwest like crazy!

Just curious, do you book SW one way. Example, could have booked SW to FLL March 26 at this time. And then as soon as April comes up then book the return for April 1. Since you book by leg is there any penalty for booking 2 1-ways vs. a round trip ticket? I have no experience with SW.

Just curious, do you book SW one way. Example, could have booked SW to FLL March 26 at this time. And then as soon as April comes up then book the return for April 1. Since you book by leg is there any penalty for booking 2 1-ways vs. a round trip ticket? I have no experience with SW.

Evidently you did not believe me when I posted this message to one of your previous posts:

The mistake some people make on an overlap like that, is they wait to book a round-trip when the new dates appear. Often the flight to FLL is all booked by that time. In almost all cases with SW, you are booking two one way flights - there and back. There is usually no financial advantage to book there and back (round-trip) at the same time.

My advice to those people who find themselves in an overlapping position is to book the 1st flight now and then watch the SW site daily and book your return flight when it becomes available.

Southwest fares are only one-way. So it does no good to wait and see if the return ticket is available. They don't price going and coming together.

Archived