Post-cruise Port Canaveral or Orlando: what to do?

dnewscruiser

We now have to stay an extra night post-cruise (Oct. 22-23) after Frontier canceled our afternoon flight (thanks Frontier) and are wondering what to do/where to stay. Our dilemma is mainly because we will have our two young daughters, ages 4 and 2, who are probably going to be pretty whipped at that point after a week on Oasis of the Seas. We've stayed in Cocoa Beach plenty (and will for the night before the cruise), but we won't have any of our "beach" things to really enjoy the beach with kids that young (towels, umbrella/beach tent, cooler, sand toys, etc.). Wondering if there is something better to do in Orlando, like a hotel with or near a water park, like Typhoon Lagoon? (Where we wouldn't have to bring "beach" stuff.) We've never been to Typhoon Lagoon--would it be worth it for kids this age? Or something else we would all enjoy post-cruise? (Not tons of walking/would allow for a nap for my 2-year-old mid-day/etc.) Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are plenty of hotels in the Orlando area that have great pool areas. Maybe check out some of the hotels near Disney Springs (Downtown Disney). There are some larger resorts there that have nice pools, things to do with the kids, and you could always walk over to Disney Springs and enjoy that with the kids.

I've never been to Typhon Lagoon myself, so I have no idea how it is. But if you are looking for something easy to do, I would think one of the larger resorts in the Orlando area might be what you are looking for.