Splash academy vs theater

margincall

When we are on the Breakaway later this year,we want to see Rock of Ages,which I believe is about 2 hours,and performed at 630 and 930.

However our 7 year old grandaughter will be with us,and in Splash academy from 7 to 1030.

It seems first show starts too early to drop her off,and the late show ends too late to pick her up.

Am I missing something.

Is there a solution that I havent read?🤔

You should be able to pay for late night care after 10:30, if she is able to stay up that late.

Or, divide and conquer. Since the show is offered multiple times, you could split up and see the show at different times so that someone is available for the pick up and drop off.

Odds are the doors open at 7 but show starts at 7:30. Atleast that is how it was on the Escape. One of us went to drop the kids off while the other got our seats. We had 2kids in different groups too. One was on deck 5 and the other was on the sports court on 18. We could still drop both off and was in seats by 7:20.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

If its like most NCL cruises the "Late Night Fun Zone" care starts at 10:30 and you pay $12 for it.

Honestly we did find it logistically burdensome to be working around meal times when the Splash Academy was closed. It *seems* like its open all day, but on sea days its really ~3 hours windows you need to work within. I wish I had understood that better before I planned out meals and shows and got excited about alone time in the thermal suite. That said, its doable you'll just need to plan on shows after 7 if you want to see them with your partner and without your child.

Here are the hours on the NCL site:

Norwegian Fleet Embarkation Day

8:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.

Port Days

Port Arrival Time - 10:30 p.m.

Sea Days

9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m./2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m./7:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.

Late Night Fun Zone

10:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m. nightly

The center closes at 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Children must be picked up at these times. Pick-up late fees may apply.

Odds are the doors open at 7 but show starts at 7:30. Atleast that is how it was on the Escape. One of us went to drop the kids off while the other got our seats. We had 2kids in different groups too. One was on deck 5 and the other was on the sports court on 18. We could still drop both off and was in seats by 7:20.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

The OP said the show starts at 6:30. Starts. 6:30.

In my experience, if you have reservations for the show and you ask them at Splash Academy, they will accommodate you and take the children at 6pm. They did that for us and a bunch of other families a few years ago (October 2014).

Edited by ncklhaus
Added date