Havana Cabana Question

Love the look of these and watched some youtube vids. I noticed there is a 'walkway' around the front of each cabana that would lessen privacy.

My question is - is this walk way open to the entire cruise or just people in the Havana section? Not being snobby - just more worried about excessive foot traffic going back and forth all day and night.

We are sun worshipers and spend a lot of time in serenity on a cruise, and love the idea of our own 'private' serenity type area.

I can deal with a few people walking by here and there, but not an entire cruise ships worth of people!

Did not stay in the area but the area is accessed by your key card so only other cabana guests can be there during the day. From what others have said, there will be very few people in that area all week.

We have one booked for April. I found this on one of the reviews from last April....." There is a walkway between the end of the porch (a gate separates you from it) and the side of the ship. The walkway goes all the way around to the other side of the Havana area. Foot traffic on that walkway was very minimal, even after 7pm when the area was opened to the rest of the ship. There is a large wooden louvered or slatted door that is locked during the day to keep people out and then unlocked at 7pm to let people in. When the door was unlocked it wasn't propped open, so people rarely came through it. They just didn't know it was unlocked. shhhhh ... don't tell anyone."

Having stayed in a Havana cabin on the Vista on its transatlantic cruise, the walkway between the balcony (actually a "porch") cabins on deck 5 and the side of the ship was a public walkway. That being said, the amount of foot traffic was minimal. Havana guests are given a wrist band to access the pool area reserved for Havana guests during the day. Carnival staff was very good at keeping non-Havana guests from using the pool area during the day.

One nice little benefit from being in the Havana area - coffee and some breakfast items are available at the bar area in the morning. Was quite enjoyable in a peaceful part of the ship and not having to call/wait for room service.

Having stayed in a Havana cabin on the Vista on its transatlantic cruise, the walkway between the balcony (actually a "porch") cabins on deck 5 and the side of the ship was a public walkway. That being said, the amount of foot traffic was minimal. Havana guests are given a wrist band to access the pool area reserved for Havana guests during the day. Carnival staff was very good at keeping non-Havana guests from using the pool area during the day.

One nice little benefit from being in the Havana area - coffee and some breakfast items are available at the bar area in the morning. Was quite enjoyable in a peaceful part of the ship and not having to call/wait for room service.

The Med was the last time food was offered in the Havana bar. However, coffee was still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums