Advice: Cruising Alaska with a 11 month old

DnA2010

Hi All,

We are set to cruise to Alaska on Holland in 2 weeks! We will have my 11 month old and also my sister has an 11 month old as well, just wondering any tips from those who have cruised with babies before-

wondering stuff like did you bring your stroller, how did you bath your LOs? Are the floors pretty clean given our baby loves to crawl, that sort of thing...haven't had much time to look into this cruise and we are 2 weeks away!

You may want to ask your question here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=49

There are more families over there and may be able to answer your question better. Have a great cruise!

My cruise on Holland America was extremely clean but it is a public place. They are constantly cleaning carpets.

The crew will love having a little one as several have kids back home and miss them dearly.

we used a bathtub similar to this one but ours was significantly smaller- we placed either in the bathroom in area of shower when no bathtub or inside bathtub or outside on balcony

https://www.amazon.com/Kel-Gar-Snug-Tub-Elephant-Supersize-32/dp/B000056JB8/ref=sr_1_15_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1501737506&sr=1-15&refinements=p_n_location_browse-bin%3A2695269011&th=1

we have brought stroller. we didn't use so much on board the ship but definitely used on shore excursions and pre & post cruise.

I have brought snacks for that age for my twins when they were that age but singleton we didn't bring much for food since he was eating quite a bit of table food and not a picky eater.

our 3 kids were all walking by 10 months- are your eleven month olds walking. that will make a difference on what I might bring for a couple of toys to keep little one occupied.

We began cruising with our kids as infants. they are 3 star mariners on HAL and platinum on princess and now 9 & 14 yr olds. They love cruising and were easy to cruise with as infants.

Some ships we brought our own pack n play for sleeping. Some ships had a crib that didn't fold down and when we were in smaller cabins it made it a challenge and super squishy. so was nice to have our own pack n play that we unfolded daily. Other cruise lines use pack n plays.

once the kids were a little older ~ 18m-5yrs we used regalo travel bed

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-My-Cot-Deluxe-Portable-Folding-Travel-Bed-with-Sleeping-Bag/21672532?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=1a15feea-c692-443f-86b6-2d52ee77d95d&config_id=106&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=1a15feea-c692-443f-86b6-2d52ee77d95d&item_id=21672532&parent_anchor_item_id=4433186&parent_item_id=4433186&placement_id=irs-106-t1&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=cIm1wTDpW3hJUKi2Fagjno

hope you have a great time