$100 Deposits

NJGRANNY

Does anyone know how it works when you give Princess $100 deposits while on the ship? My husband and I each paid $100 last year and have four years to take a cruise.

What I'm wondering is if the $100 is good to hold your cruise once you book it, and how would you go about doing that? Your travel agent?

Thanks in advance.

When you use a future cruise credit to make a booking, you don't have to make any additional deposit, they just apply the $100 per person you already gave them and it's all taken care of. Normally the deposit is a couple hundred dollars per person, so it means you don't have to put up as much money up front for your trip. Just be sure to let your TA know that you want to use the future cruise credit, and usually they can take it from there.

In addition, you get some onboard credit if you book with a future cruise credit. It ranges from $25-$150 per person depending on the length of cruise and type of cabin booked. This is usually combinable with any other onboard credit you might get from another source (like, if your TA has a special or something).

The other perk is that for each future cruise credit, you get a coupon to give to a friend to get the onboard credit perk if they go on the same sailing as the one you booked with your future cruise credit. So, for example, I'm going on a Mexican Riviera cruise next year that I booked with a future cruise credit, so I'm giving my coupon to a friend of mine who is also going on that cruise, so she'll get some onboard credit as well on that sailing. If I have a cruise that I booked with the future cruise credit that I don't have a friend going along, I might offer it to someone on my roll call, or I might give it to my TA and tell her she can give it to any of her clients that can use it, since it's not really of value to me if I don't know anyone on the sailing.

Archived