Packing advice. Roll, fold or stack please?

Over the years, I have bought most of the packing aids known to man and tried the different methods (excepting bundle packing -- never made a bit of sense to me). I have reverted to folding!

If it's a land-based trip with only one or two nights per place (aka living out of a suitcase) I try to think ahead and place suitable outfits for the first half of the trip or first days toward the 'top' of the stack; then half-way through the time I repack the suitcases with the dirty clothes at the bottom and fresh on top. Longer trips this would be the day(s) to do handwash or use laundry service, but I still rotate the clothes so everything gets worn.

Even though we are carryon-only travelers, I usually cross-pack a two-top/one-bottom outfit, as the airline can and does require you to gatecheck bags. Sometimes I use Zip-Loc gallon or BigBags to make up the outfits, and quart bags to group like smaller items.

For cruises or other trips with only one un-packing event, I do as one person described above and take everything that can be reasonably hung on a wire hanger, button every other button on dr'spin's shirts, stack them all on the bed, fold the sleeves in garment by garment (all at once would work for items essentially the same, like all long-sleeved shirts), and then "roll" the hanger down the stack until it is just about the size of the room left in the suitcase. This provides additional hangers at the destination, and usually fairly uncreased garments if the stacking and folding is done carefully. It occurs to me that this is similar to a mini-bundle of tops only, so it could be said I'm using a hybrid method.