Freedom July 22nd Review Lots of Food Pics

cruisewithwife

It was showtime again tonight as they performed a song and dance

enhance

And of course the dessert menu

enhance

DW was in heaven they had rhubarb pie tonight. We are originally from the midwest and rhubarb is a big thing there. She thought this was one of the best desserts on the trip

enhance

We both had the strawberry almond financier...this came with a rhubarb soup that you poured over top. This was a top dessert for both of us.

enhance

I also had the coconut lime cake...I am not a big coconut fan so I scraped those shavings off and the rest was delicious

enhance

After dinner we headed over to the theater for the Hasbro Game Show

enhance

They started off with the kids coming up to play 4 in a row basketball.

enhance

It was quite the battle

enhance

Next up was the adults who played a sequencing game with different color cubes they had to carry and put in order

enhance

Every contest who went up got to pick a card that they put into the atm at the end. A little girl ended up being the big winner and took home $150 dollars in hasbro games and gift cards

enhance

After the game show we walked around for a bit and headed back to the theater for the love and marriage show. This was very comical and the longest married couple was celebrating their anniversary on that day.

enhance

That pretty much wrapped up the night for us.....we were arriving in Nassau in the morning and snorkeling so we needed rest.

Booked on the Freedom for March, will be our second time on her the last was a Christmas cruise and the 11th Carnival cruise. Did Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston on the last trip and loved the ease of the port. This will be the last family vacation with our teenage boy since he goes to boot camp 3 days after graduation next June, glad to hear the ship is still in good shape. And what fttf?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was a very cool open atmosphere on the inside with someone playing the piano up front.

enhance

We had to get what they were known for so we got a Sloppy Rita and Sloppy Fries. We shared both and the sloppy fries were definitely a good amount. It was something fun to say we have done but can't say it would be an every stop kind of place.

enhance

enhance

We then walked over to Capt. Tony's Saloon. This was the original bar for sloppy joe's and they raised his rent. He moved everything to the new location in one night. He had his customers carry chairs and tables for free beer and they never had to close.

enhance

The inside of this bar was covered in license plates and money.

enhance

10c2000dac49cc095bc6f70b1420b782.jpg

Loved Captain Tony's! We were there in Jan 2016 (Ecstasy). Thanks so much for the review, I'm really enjoying it. Looks like you guys had a great time. And happy anniversary!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There was one other ship with us in port that day....not sure what cruise line this is

enhance

This is the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line and the ship is the Grand Celebration - formerly Carnival's Celebration (the funnel looks familiar, doesn't it?) She does two-day cruises from Palm Beach to Freeport. Our middle son actually cruised with a friend on her predecessor, the Bahamas Celebration (different ownership than the current company), and therefore has one more cruise than we do. ;p

Tea - I tried one of the extra-charge teas two years ago and didn't care for it. Some pomegranate flavor, way too sweet. Last month our choices were the extra-charge, a green tea (way too weak for my taste), and plain Lipton's. I went with Lipton's - any port in a storm. I prefer a nice English Breakfast, Earl Grey, or Darjeeling. Next year I'll bring my own tea.

Thank you for your review. Freedom is the only Conquest-class ship we haven't sailed, so I enjoy seeing pictures of what we haven't experienced.:)

Can you guys see the videos? On my phone they work through the app but on the computer they don't want to play I just get an error message. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I can't see the videos either. I'm on a PC and all I get is an error message.

The ship did not get docked as early as we were suppose to so we were waiting in lines to get off the ship. We finally made it off and got to stand in another line right outside the ship for our excursion. We were going on the catamaran sail and snorkel.

enhance

We waited for quite a while and finally we started to move.

enhance

Once we got over to the dock where the boat was we had to wait longer it was close to 8:15 before getting on the catamaran.

enhance

You could see Atlantis as we were heading out to the reef

enhance

enhance

We got to sit out on the net...DW was very excited about this

enhance

enhance

It was so relaxing laying back on the net feeling the breeze and looking at the clouds

enhance

On the way out to the reef they passed out life jackets and snorkels. We brought our own as we got he full face snorkel and anyone who is thinking about this do it. They are simply amazing....we did not purchase the expensive ones either got a one from walmart and one from amazon for about $35 a piece. They had two lifeguards in the water with us and let us go off the back.

enhance

There was a lot of fish to see.

enhance

enhance

DW snorkeling

enhance

Below is a video of the snorkeling.

rYWn9AcHWAY

We were probably in the water snorkeling for close to 45 minutes and they called us back on. We then rode back and they served rum punch. We did not think the rum punch tasted that great though.

They dropped us off right by Senor Frogs

enhance

enhance

We decided we were going to walk over to Junkanoo beach. Along the way we saw a McDonalds

enhance

We made it to Junkanoo beach and just went to the beginning of it. Our opinion of it was it was a free beach....there was garbage and glass along the edge. Many people trying to sell you chairs or different things. The water looked very nice here so I went into see if I could see anything snorkeling.

enhance

I found a few little fish but nothing amazing. After this we originally had planned to walk to the rum distellery. Well they made announcements on the ship that US embassy had advised only traveling in tourist areas and to be cautious. That kinda scared us some especially when we looked at the road that led to the distellery....lets just say it looked like an alley with very few people on it. We decided to head back towards port area and did a little shopping.

enhance

After walking through some shops and the straw markert we decided to get a drink and head back to ship...we stopped at a place that a guy had been talking about when we got off the catamaran.enhance

We were almost there

enhance

enhance

We made it back to the room to find a puppy dog waiting for us

enhance

DW decided she was going to take a nap and I decided I was going to go explore on the ship and get some photos

enhance

I found a boat very similar to the one we had went on that morning looking out the top decks

enhance

The views off the back of the ship were amazing

enhance

Since it was only about 2:00 I decided to head to the bbq place and try that.

enhance

enhance

They had 3 different sauces available

enhance

I personally thought the pulled pork with the kansas city sauce was the best. The brown sugar sauce was very good as well though. The mac n cheese was ok today and I say it that way as we had it later and was much better

enhance

Here is a video of all the views

[YOUTUBE]8FA9o51tOiU[/YOUTUBE]

After taking all of those pictures I was getting hungry again and I had not had pizza yet since the lines were always long.....this time the line was short. I got a custom made pizza of the 4 cheese with pepperoni and mushrooms. It was delicious

enhance

Since Blue Iquana was still open I better get a shrimp taco too...mmm this was good as always

enhance

It had been a little over an hour so I decided to grab a dessert plate and head back to surprise DW. Lets just say all of these desserts looked much better than they were

enhance