Wine

charliebartine

I think the bar's wine inventory is limited & there are probably more wine options from the dining room or from Vines & all can be consumed anywhere onboard.

As 'cherrypop' posted, each adult can bring one 750ml bottle of wine to drink in cabin with no fee assessed.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Best choices are at Vines. We have the complimentary AIBP on our next two cruises - booked during the Sip and Sail last year with no price jack-up (unlike the current Sip and Sail) - and will be availing ourselves of the selections at Vines quite often. On our upcoming 28 day cruise with 18 sea days it will be great. I don't think we will buy bottles but may do so since there is a huge discount with the AIBP. :hearteyes:

Does anyone know if we can buy a bottle of wine free of corkage fee while we are in port.

We have done it on some ports without being charged.

If you want to be sure, you can ask the crew or security at the gangway before getting off the ship.

Does anyone know if we can buy a bottle of wine free of corkage fee while we are in port.

The procedure is that the corkage fee free bottle is brought onboard during embarkation.

My experiences (and those who have posted having the same experiences) is that wine brought onboard from ports is allowed but is subject to the $15 corkage fee. While the fee has probably been charged to some passengers, I've never read of anyone who was charged.

Sometimes I openly carry on a bottle or two from ports and I'm prepared to pay corkage. The only comment from ship's security has been "nice bottle of wine". We drink most of our wine in a dining room so even when not charged corkage when bringing it onboard we pay it to enjoy our wine with dinner.

Officially you're either supposed to check it in with security to hold until the last night of the cruise or pay the corkage fee. It seems they usually don't bother taking it from you or charging for just a bottle or two of wine though.

If you want to avoid the corkage fee in the restaurant, and aren't going to drink a whole bottle, just pour a glass in your cabin and take it with you.