Celebrity cruise arriving at 3:30 PM, worth going to a beach ?

zzrobot

my cruise on Xmas day is scheduled to arrive at 3:30 PM, ship leaves at 11:00 PM. What an awful time. Is it worth it to run to a beach ? Maybe get 2 hours of sun ? Anyone have had the same situation?
Sorry but if your ship arrives at 3:30PM.....you might not get off for a half-hour or so. It gets dark earlier in San Juan than in most of the continental US. I would go with a no for the beach.

We arrived were able to get off the ship at 2:00PM last December and went to the fort. It was dark by the time we arrived back on the ship around 5:30PM.

Sorry but if your ship arrives at 3:30PM.....you might not get off for a half-hour or so. It gets dark earlier in San Juan than in most of the continental US. I would go with a no for the beach.

We arrived were able to get off the ship at 2:00PM last December and went to the fort. It was dark by the time we arrived back on the ship around 5:30PM.

Thanks for the reply, is anything open on Xmas day anyway in San Juan ??

Sunset is at 5:55 PM in San Juan on Dec 25, 2017. Civil twilight (when it is still light enough to see without artificial lights) ends at 6:19 PM. So, if you disembark at 4:00 PM, you will have just over two hours of sun/light if you want to go to the beach. Is it worth it? Not for me, but if your options are limited with other things being closed, maybe it is worth it.

Since Puerto Rico is further south than the rest of the continental U.S., the sun actually sets later in the winter. It sets earlier in the summer than the rest of the U.S.

my cruise on Xmas day is scheduled to arrive at 3:30 PM, ship leaves at 11:00 PM. What an awful time. Is it worth it to run to a beach ? Maybe get 2 hours of sun ? Anyone have had the same situation?

If everything is closed on Xmas day i would still go to the beach. You might only get 1 hour of sun but get to see, the sun go down and spend a great evening enjoying a meal or drinks right on a beach.

Just my opinion since i do not get a chance to spend enough time on the beach at any time:D