Help--lost item from 7/23-7/30 Breakaway cruise

lmintzer

I know it would have been good if we had realized this sooner, but I think my son left a pair of glasses (in a case) on our cruise. We were in Haven suite 15116. He could have left them in the desk in the 2nd bedroom (there was a deep compartment where one could store remote controls where they easily could have been hidden) or in one of the triangular-shaped shelves.

Is there anyone on the Breakaway now who might be able to help us?

Or what else might we be able to do?

I know it would have been good if we had realized this sooner, but I think my son left a pair of glasses (in a case) on our cruise. We were in Haven suite 15116. He could have left them in the desk in the 2nd bedroom (there was a deep compartment where one could store remote controls where they easily could have been hidden) or in one of the triangular-shaped shelves.

Is there anyone on the Breakaway now who might be able to help us?

Or what else might we be able to do?

Call NCL....they will ask for your sailing date, ship, etc.....I also left something behind last year and was pleasantly surprised to have it returned to me! But it DID take a few weeks! As the ship has to coordinate through Miami....but don't lose hope! It worked out for me!

Thanks. I filled out an on-line lost item form with all of the relevant info and contacted a very helpful Cruise Critic member who has some contact info. of staff on the ship. Hopefully, between the two, we will be able to locate the glasses. I'm happy to pay for return shipping.

Of course they can be replaced, but they were not super cheap pair, and they were only a few months old--not something I would just say "whatever" about. Thankfully, he only uses them for distance, and we have month until school starts.

Very few travel policies cover glasses but it's worth it to check it out anyway

Fwiw you probably aren't ever getting them back from cruiseline

2 reasons

1. They probably already went through the laundry or were stepped on

2. There are only so many prescriptions combos available to correct eye site but from experience with using my kids glasses when needed and vice versa...even a not perfect correction is usually good enough. So let's be honest if you were crew and needed glasses and found a pair that worked...just sayin

And yes I know crew would never ever do this. Lol. Even when there was zero possibility of being found out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums