Carnival Liberty Spa questions....

live2vayk

Hello!

I am taking my daughter and niece on a short cruise on Carnival Liberty. Not the ship or itin I would normally pick, but it was the only one that lined up with school in service days. My niece is the top of her class, and in her senior year getting ready to go on to pre med school, so she isn't willing to miss any school days for fear of getting behind in her classes. I was very restricted with sailings that would work. And this cruise is for her birthday, so it is all about her.

I have searched the Carnival website, this site, and I even called Carnival, but I can't seem to get clear answers to my questions about the spa. I am hoping someone has recently sailed on Carnival Liberty and has some insight for me! Here are my questions:

-My daughter is 16, my niece 17. They want to use spa services. The site says 18+ is the age requirement, but I have heard that they have teen services? Does this include massages? Or is there a work around for my niece to be able to get a massage?

-I can't tell what the spa on Carnival Liberty actually has that can be used with a possible day pass if they offer one. A sauna? A whirlpool? Any relaxation room of any kind? Do they offer day passes for that area, or can you just use it if you purchase a service?

Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on this for us!!

The Liberty does not have the Cloud 9 Spa so there is no pass to buy. I do know there are Steam and Sauna rooms and large showers that are free.

It looks like your teens can book spa treatments but you will have to sign some forms. Here is the information that I found on Carnival's site:

Spa Carnival and Cloud 9 Spa

• Fitness Center and Studio: Guests must be at least 18 years of age to use the fitness facilities on their own. Minor guests (12-17 years of age) may use the facilities provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian (subject to restrictions posted outside the Fitness Center).
  • Salon: Salon services (hair, nail and facial services) are available to guests of all ages.
  • Spa Facilities: Guests must be at least 18 years of age to receive treatments or utilize spa facilities, including the sauna and steam rooms (within the locker rooms) as well as use of the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool at the Cloud 9 Spas.
  • ZSPA: Teens (12-17 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult when they book treatments on board. Parents or a guardian must complete and sign the spa’s consultation form acknowledging their consent before services are rendered.

The Liberty does not have the Cloud 9 Spa so there is no pass to buy. I do know there are Steam and Sauna rooms and large showers that are free.

It looks like your teens can book spa treatments but you will have to sign some forms. Here is the information that I found on Carnival's site:

Spa Carnival and Cloud 9 Spa

• Fitness Center and Studio: Guests must be at least 18 years of age to use the fitness facilities on their own. Minor guests (12-17 years of age) may use the facilities provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian (subject to restrictions posted outside the Fitness Center).
  • Salon: Salon services (hair, nail and facial services) are available to guests of all ages.
  • Spa Facilities: Guests must be at least 18 years of age to receive treatments or utilize spa facilities, including the sauna and steam rooms (within the locker rooms) as well as use of the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool at the Cloud 9 Spas.
  • ZSPA: Teens (12-17 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult when they book treatments on board. Parents or a guardian must complete and sign the spa’s consultation form acknowledging their consent before services are rendered.

Thanks for the information! I did see this on Carnival's site, but since Liberty does not have the "Cloud 9" spa, I wasn't sure if the same rules apply. Hopefully the do have the ZSPA offerings.

Thanks again!