Cunard Line - Major Problem?

NBCNewsGuy

I called Cunard to make sure they got my faxed documents and the message I got was:

"Thank you for calling Cunard Line - Due to a conditions beyond our control we are unable to answer your call. We believe this is a temporary condition and will resume business shortly. Thank you for calling Cunard Line."

Does anyone know what's going on???? They are not going under are they???

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I spoke with Cunard earlier today. Cunard is owned by Carnival Corp., so they have deep pockets behind them. I don't think there is any chance of them going under.

The 1-800 number for Princess Cruises is working fine, and Cunard and Princess operate out of the same building. Strange. I did hear the recording you are talking about at Cunard. Interesting they even have such a recording.

Ernie

I received the same message. Have a call in to my TA asking for an update. Nothing on the wires about any problem. Most likely a problem with their phone service and they put out a less than coherent message.

No need to get the blood pressure up.

:)

With over twenty-six years of service in the phone comapny, both wireline and wireless, I know that things happen. In fact, I helped investigate today a problem calling a particular 800 number.

I woudn't get your panties in a knot too much about it.

I am sure that all is fine.

ACDs, (Automatic Call Distributers) which is what you are going into, can have problems, as can IVRs (Interactive Voice Response Systems) which is the 'press 1 for someone who actually gives a hoot about your problem!' You would be amazed at the things that can go wrong. I spent over eight hours on a conference bridge on Saturday on a probem which re-occured again last night. Unfortunately, no one called me. Too bad, because I could have told them exactly what was wrong and how to get it fixed!

Try emailing them. That should tell you if they are there or not!

Besides, didn't a few people on here say something about Princess handling some of thier functionality? If Princess is stilll working it's probabaly just phone problems!

I was supposed to call them today, also. I had to fax mine in wthout my passport number. I had the expiration date, where it was issued, the whole nine yards! Forgot to write down the number! It seems every night I would get something else that had to be done. Like Marc forgot to sign it. Finally I saiid, the hell with it. I am faxing it as is, and will call them with the number! One night their fax machine wasn't picking up!

Ryan, you worry too much! When you're old like us, you'll realize things will inevitably go wrong in life. <LOL>You just roll with it! Things will be fine!

:)

I spent over eight hours on a conference bridge on Saturday on a probem which re-occured again last night. Unfortunately, no one called me. Too bad, because I could have told them exactly what was wrong and how to get it fixed!

Perhaps they didn't call you because you spent 8 hours on Saturday fixing a problem which re-occurred again last night? They probably figured you didn't know how to fix it any better than they did! :D :D ;)

Perhaps they didn't call you because you spent 8 hours on Saturday fixing a problem which re-occurred again last night? They probably figured you didn't know how to fix it any better than they did! :D :D ;)

OOOH! Touche!

You got me on that one! <G>

Actually, it's a long sordid story, and I won't bore you with details. I left work angry- as I had been trying all day to get certain people to sit up and pay attention, so I was really feeling sorry for myself right now!

Thanks for bringing me back to reality! <LOL>

I worked for the resourcing team for a company which takes 100,000 calls a day, and yes, as travel-to-go says, you would be amazed with what can go wrong with large telephony systems.

Also a very simple change or error in set up of the system can have knock on effects never contemplated.

Archived