best balcony on Caribbean Princess

btorlv

Trying to decide which balcony room to pick on the Caribbean Princess going to Southern Caribbean next May. I read somewhere that deck 10 has a 1/2 covered balcony. I was thinking of deck 14 mid aft. Is that a good place to be?

For the CB, we prefer the Caribe deck balconies. Deck 14 is under Lido deck where on the mid aft, there is a long stretch of tables and chairs above that may be a possible source of noise when moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are correct that Caribe has a bit larger balconies that are half covered. The balconies on Caribe are very nice.

All that said...Our favorite location is the aft cabins on Riviera ( the 700s). The rooms are quiet and you can go right out the door at the end of the hall and you are at the aft pool and you have easy access to the Outrigger bar. It is also very convenient for running up a quick flight of stairs to grab coffee or snacks from the buffet.

The best balcony on Caribbean Princess is... L235. The only reason that is true is that we are booked in that cabin (with the AIBP) for a true 14 day Circle Caribbean cruise next March. :)

Regarding your question about Caribe deck balconies: YES, YES, YES they are great. Bigger balcony. Half covered and half uncovered. Excellent balcony cabins. I can't imagine being disappointed in one since the balcony is sooooooooooo much bigger than those on other decks. In my opinion (obviously not shared by some others) C752 or C753 are the best balcony cabins on the ship.

Does anybody have a picture of a Caribe balcony?

I don't but... The standard balcony cabin is 231 square feet - including the balcony. The Caribe balcony cabins are 271 square fee - including the balcony. The additional square footage is on the balcony. :cool: The balcony is half covered and half uncovered so you have a choice as to being in the sun or not and nobody can look down on you on your balcony.

Caribe 742 or 743. Both have an extra corner area providing you with even more balcony space!

Does that mean those 2 rooms are bigger AND have a bigger balcony (since that deck has bigger rooms than deck 11and 12)?

I don't but... The standard balcony cabin is 231 square feet - including the balcony. The Caribe balcony cabins are 271 square fee - including the balcony. The additional square footage is on the balcony. :cool: The balcony is half covered and half uncovered so you have a choice as to being in the sun or not and nobody can look down on you on your balcony.

Thank you for the explanation!

Does that mean those 2 rooms are bigger AND have a bigger balcony (since that deck has bigger rooms than deck 11and 12)?

It means they are Caribe deck balcony cabins (larger balcony than most others) and they are totally aft with a full wake view and also on the aft corners so they have a larger circumferential view. :)

Some hate the aft balconies because there is more vibration or more "noise". We love them for the wake views. I once got up in the night (as old men tend to do) to use the bathroom and, instead of going back to bed right away, got sucked into sitting on the balcony mesmerized by the "full moon over the wake" view. As for the vibration: Heck, I used to put quarters into the little box by the bed in motels to make my bed vibrate like that! We slept totally awesomely. I would take the aft corner balcony Caribe deck cabin on that class of ship anytime. I can guarantee you that my wife feels the same;

Does anybody have a picture of a Caribe balcony?

866321399642430.JPG

The balcony is basically the size of a squash court. Note in the picture that some chairs are shaded while some are in the sun, resulting from the "half-covered" nature of the balcony.