Live (I'll try my Best) from the Eclipse Baltic Sailing

absolutboy20

Day 13 - 5th Sea Day

This one will be fairly short. We went to breakfast, I finally caved into the pastries. Two thumbs up.

f7d18aba192d500f80df4c96ed9521b4.jpg

We hung out in the Solarium for a few hours as it was another cold day outside. It actually did warm up in the late afternoon.

At 2PM the charity auction on the glassware made on board was to be sold. I was interested in bidding on the goblet with a penguin base as that was the one I saw during the demonstration.

We headed down for the auction, only to see the goblet was not up for sale.

02011f9f9b3dc1b2b79f4207cecfada1.jpg

The reasoning I was told is they don't auction off cups as they don't get a high bid. I was disappointed and overhead others asking where the goblet was. I watched the auction, most of the items sold for around $500-$600 dollars. The last piece, a turtle went for $1200.

After the auction, we started packing as our room attendant asked if we could get the bags out around 6pm-8pm he would greatly appreciate it. He was trying to avoid the elevator congestion later that night. We told him we hadn't received our luggage tags, and after a visit to guest relations they were brought up.

I sat on the balcony watching ships we were passing by. This one was heading to Texas. Has a long ways to go.

dcf1b49b5d73c4284665cece8062ce81.jpg

The room was already getting set up for the new guests who are coming on board tomorrow. New robes were in the closet and the ice bucket with two champagne glasses were out with the note of "Compliments from the Hotel Director".

We went to our final dinner and said goodbye to some new friends not knowing if we'll ever cross paths. OH called it a night and I went to the the final show Euphoria with a earlier showtime of 9pm.

ae250e77c0a77672479b45845f4c60b8.jpg

Combination of singers and aerialists. The show was packed. And one final goodbye from the captain after the show. After the show I sat down in the library enjoying one final view of the atrium while collecting ping pong balls.

310b5eb28c791939d9534cb733ecb143.jpg

9d545843bc3f7c820606f263926d64e0.jpg

Great account of your experiences on the cruise. We were on the same cruise and we had a wonderful time.

In Tallinn we just walked around the centre of the town. Inside the Holy Spirit Church (the one with the clock outside and shown in one of your photos) we were treated to a short concert of Renaissence music. Featuring modern recreations of an old instruments: Lyre, Violin, Hurdy Gurdy and a hand-held drum. They were expecting an audience of two guided groups and we were just lucky to be there at the right time.

Our first afternoon in St Petersberg was an excursion to the Hermitage. The border checks for us were quicker than you reported. We were amused by one girl of about 12 years old. She had to go through on her own and hand over her passport. Her face was a mix of worry and excitement, she frequently turned to look back at her family. Visiting the Hermitage was a wonderful experience but the crowds there were terrible. Even keeping track of our guide was a challenge. The second day we did a canal tour and then visited the Peter and Paul Cathedral. The latter was also too crowded to really appreciate what we were seeing. I guess the message here is to choose the day and time carefully when visiting these very popular places.

The ship left Warnemunde just after sunset. There were crowds at the docksides waving lights, and a few lights could be seen waving from house windows. After the Eclipse's horn sounded there was a chorus of horns from other nearby ships. As we left the harbour several other ships sailed alongside, to starboard, matching our speed. Then there were fireworks from the land. I believe they were fired from the breakwater to the NE of the ship, somewhere between "Ostmole" and the Marine Science Centre. See this map page: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Warnem%C3%BCnde+Cruise+Center/@54.1857948,12.0911641,335m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x47ac5627379d0521:0x92887f801b8266dc!2sWarnem%C3%BCnde+Cruise+Center!3b1!8m2!3d54.1755503!4d12.0936593!3m4!1s0x47ac5627379d0521:0x92887f801b8266dc!8m2!3d54.1755503!4d12.0936593?hl=en