Water Shoes?

I have a quick questions I hope some one can answer

I will be taking a cruise with a POC in Roseau, Domincaand my tour includes visiting Trafalgar Falls and Emerald Pool. It says Swimsuit under clothing, but what type of shoes should I be using.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide

Mary

Recommend something that pads the toes so you can use them in the water. And if you get the chance go to Ti Tou gorge as well. Nice swim-in waterfall with hot springs along the stream.

I have a quick questions I hope some one can answer

I will be taking a cruise with a POC in Roseau, Domincaand my tour includes visiting Trafalgar Falls and Emerald Pool. It says Swimsuit under clothing, but what type of shoes should I be using.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide

Mary

IMO you need serious water footwear for both places. No cheap flip flops, flimsy shoes, or slippery soles. There is a lot of up and down on uneven surfaces at times. Very little in terms of handrails. Once you get to the water, the surrounding rocks can be wet and slippery. I went into the water in both places with Teva sandals, but I wished I had had something like Keen's water shoes instead. I now own Keen's and wear them all the time on any excursion in the Caribbean because they are very comfortable for walking, have good soles for uneven terrain, and can get wet.