Enchantment of the Seas 11/26/05

Wow. I hate when a cruise review just overwhelms you with details, LOL.

Just kidding. My wife and I are taking "Enchantment" on Monday 12/5 for our first cruise, so it's good to know you liked it. :)

(But if you really want to give more details, please do. It's so hard to get an accurate idea because there are both positive and negative posts about the same boat. "The food at Windjammer stinks"; "the food at Windjammer is great." "The shows are crowded and there's nowhere to sit"; "I had no problem getting a seat at the shows." "Debarkation was horrible"; "debarkation was horrible." (Okay, that one seems unanimous, LOL.) Etc.,.)

Just kidding. My wife and I are taking "Enchantment" on Monday 12/5 for our first cruise, so it's good to know you liked it. :)

(But if you really want to give more details, please do. It's so hard to get an accurate idea because there are both positive and negative posts about the same boat. "The food at Windjammer stinks"; "the food at Windjammer is great." "The shows are crowded and there's nowhere to sit"; "I had no problem getting a seat at the shows." "Debarkation was horrible"; "debarkation was horrible." (Okay, that one seems unanimous, LOL.) Etc.,.)

Your first cruise, how exciting! You will come back an addict, so be prepared. I was on Enchantment last Thanksgiving, but can't give you an accurate report because it was before the stretch. Had a family group of 60 and for most it was their first cruise, and I've been hassled for the last year on when our next one is!

As for the comments on how hard it is to get an accurate idea, that holds true for most ships. Everyone's experience and taste is different but for most who know that problems 'can' and sometimes 'will' occur, it's easy to have a great time anywhere. Have fun!

We LOVED the Enchantment and debarkation was a delightful breeze.............'cause we walked off and into our car and drove home! It's not often that a Philly girl can say those words! ;)

Carol

Oh, and (the representatives of) the Port Of Philadelphia handed everyone a big chocolate bar as we left!

I have to say, disembarking was not that bad when I went. Many people chose the express, and perhaps we hit deck 4 just right. One thing I can tell you is that there were a lot of people gathered in the entire Centrum. It was kind of a happy acciddent that my friend and I took a wrong turn coming down the stairs, and ended up coming out of a door on deck 4 that was about 50 ft.(?) from where you get off.

There were many people standing there in line for the express, and we were not, so we grabbed a chair right behind them, so we were some of the first few off. We didn't intend to cut in front of those waiting, but when we came out the door, there was nowhere else for us to go, couldn't get through anywhere, couldn't get to the other side of the ship, so we kind of inadvertantly ended up in the front of the line.

They called white first, then beige, which we had. They did not offer white tags on the questionaire, so we thought they must have given out the white tags, or they were requested by passengers.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

I didn't get a big chocolate bar when I disembarked at the Port of Philly!!!!!!

:(

WELL, AMY....................they probably DID *try* to hand you a chocolate bar, but YOU were TOO BUSY thinking "Chris........Chris............Chris" that you didn't notice!

hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee

Well to go into a few details. :)

The Windjammer was nice, but just imagine hundreds of people going throug several buffet lines at once, it can get a little crazy. But I did it to myself, I was too lazy to get up for breakfast in the dining room - and I did not want to sit in my room and order room service, I wanted to be out there with the people and the buffet line surely was with the people :)

Getting on the ship was smooth- we waited for maybe 20 minutes total. We went through security and because we had already printed out our SeaPass card we went to one line for those of us that had. Our card was printed and were on the ship in no time. You can go to your room around 1pm, but if you get there earlier you can go and lunch in the Windjammer.

The only thing that I would gripe about was not enough activities for the sea days, although if you played bingo you would be in your glory. Other than that everything was fine.

The dining room service has spoiled me forever. :) I just want to recognize our wonderful wait staff of Danile, Glen and AJ. They actually take you napkin off the plate and put it in your lap. :) I also cannot forget Rene our superb room attendant.

Took in a couple of pre-dinner shows they were good and lasted about an hour, it was perfect timing.

I tried not to get sucked in by all the pictures they take of while on board-but they came out so freakin' nice I broke down a bought a few.

Disembarkation was smooth, we did express, and it was good. I don't have the patience to try and look for my luggage in the terminal

WELL, AMY....................they probably DID *try* to hand you a chocolate bar, but YOU were TOO BUSY thinking "Chris........Chris............Chris" that you didn't notice!

hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee

HA!! HA!!! HA!!! HA!!!

Carol you really do crack me up!!! You are so ON to me and my little secret!!!!! Am I really THAT obvious?!?!?! LOL!!!

But seriously.... no, we didn't get any chocolates. I know that for sure because even if I was a little preoccupied pining over a certain someone, the 3 other people who were on the cruise with me were all empty handed when we got in the car to head home. No chocolates for us :(

It would have been nice being that I am a total chocoholic. But then again, considering all the food I had eaten that week, maybe it was best that I didn't get any!!

Oh, BTW Carol.... did I tell you that I went on a second cruise on Enchantment in October. I really do have no shame!!!! hee-hee-hee!!! :)

I had a royal time - the attention that was giving to us by the staff was just incredible. Our Dining room staff (A.J. Daniel and Glen), were the best. We lacked for nothing. food nor attention :)

this was my first cruise, I cannot wait to go back

My first cruise also over Thanksgiving; we too had A.J. as our Head Waiter, and he was terrific!

I want to take my son on a cruise next August. He'll be 15. I have previously stayed sailed carnival and had oceanview rooms. I'm considering the Enchantment and either deck 3 or 4. The Balcony rooms are a couple hundred more per person and I think I'd rather spend the money on excursions. Is their a difference in either deck? Are the "new rooms" on either of these 2 decks.

Can anyone tell me where the "NEW" cabins are on Enchantment. I have been told to try and book those. Thanks

between the elevators towards the front of the ship. My understanding is the only difference between the old and new cabins are the TV and the shower. I could care less about the TV. As long the shower is clean, that is fine with me.

HA!! HA!!! HA!!! HA!!!

Carol you really do crack me up!!! You are so ON to me and my little secret!!!!! Am I really THAT obvious?!?!?! LOL!!!

But seriously.... no, we didn't get any chocolates. I know that for sure because even if I was a little preoccupied pining over a certain someone, the 3 other people who were on the cruise with me were all empty handed when we got in the car to head home. No chocolates for us :(

It would have been nice being that I am a total chocoholic. But then again, considering all the food I had eaten that week, maybe it was best that I didn't get any!!

Oh, BTW Carol.... did I tell you that I went on a second cruise on Enchantment in October. I really do have no shame!!!! hee-hee-hee!!! :)

I'll tell you, Amy, I REALLY liked the Enchantment. If she sailed regularly out of Philadephia, I'd cruise on her again and again, too!

I'll tell you, Amy, I REALLY liked the Enchantment. If she sailed regularly out of Philadephia, I'd cruise on her again and again, too!

I agree. She's my favorite and the best ship in the RCI fleet, IMO.

Guess that explains why I've sailed her 5 times!!!

In your opinion....on the 5 day EOS...which night would you pick to eat at Chops?
The maitre d' at Chops will have the menus for the main dining room for all the nights, so you can go up there, look at the menus, and decide for yourself which night is "worth skipping."

Archived