Hotel near Venice port

Costa baby

The star system is different in Italy, so what are your requirements?

And keep in mind that Venice is quite small, so the 'center' which i assume you mean St Marks is less than an hours walk from the Port.

If you can easily manage your luggage you can stay anywhere in Venice, or, check your luggage at the Left Luggage facility and just take an overnight bag. But if you MUST stay near the port (Piazzale Roma ) this listing will be helpful.

The Papadopoli is probably closest to what you're looking for.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/bridges/piazzale-roma.htm

• 6 months later...

We stayed a short distance from the train station. Why? There was just one bridge to cross with luggage, and believe me, you don't want to get far from the water and have to drag those suitcases over 6-10 high bridges. Another reason? Because the water buses leave from the train station, so it is very easy to get anywhere. The train station, if you look at a map, is also not far from the port. If you want to, you can go one stop on the train and get to the port, as a matter of fact. The hotel we stayed at is the Ca' Dogaressa. It is a short distance down a canal that branches off the main drag from the train station. Also on that drag are many restaurant and shops. The hotel has a 4.5 out of 5 on tripadvisor.

As suggested above Hotel Papadopoli is very nice and by Piazzale Roma. We have stayed there twice. Some of the rooms have balconies overlooking a canal. Our last time in Venice, Papadopoli was more expensive than I wanted to pay for one night post cruise. We stayed at the Best Western Olimpia which is very close. Not as nice as Papadopoli but a very nice stay and significantly cheaper. Both are near the vaporetto dock, people mover to the cruise terminal and about 20-30 minute walk to St Mark's Square. We often walk as we enjoy the shops and squares along the way to the Rialto Bridge and then to St Mark's.

Hotel Papadopoli - Highly recommend, stayed there last May and will do so again in 2019. Pricey but in my opinion well worth it,

If you register with the the ACCOR Hotel group you get better rates.

Close to all transportation