Need advice on bidding from H4 to H3 on Jewel

andnosyd

I've never been on this ship and we have a 2 bedroom in the Haven area with 4 traveling, including 2 kids ages 2 and 5. I got the email to bid, but I don't know if it would even be worth it given that the Owners suite is 1) Not in the Haven proper and 2) does not have a second bedroom.

I do like that it includes a minibar, which we'd make use of, but other than that I don't know if it would be worth bidding at all and just stay where we are. Can anyone help advise what they would do?

I've never been on this ship and we have a 2 bedroom in the Haven area with 4 traveling, including 2 kids ages 2 and 5. I got the email to bid, but I don't know if it would even be worth it given that the Owners suite is 1) Not in the Haven proper and 2) does not have a second bedroom.

I do like that it includes a minibar, which we'd make use of, but other than that I don't know if it would be worth bidding at all and just stay where we are. Can anyone help advise what they would do?

With two kids I don't think I'd give up the 2nd bedroom and direct access to Haven right outside my room for basically a little nicer room and minibar access. Did they offer a bid for the garden villa.? If they give you a chance to bid on the GV I'd definitely put a low bid on that. The Haven is a nice place to reside. it's a long walk from the os with a 2 and 5 year old just to take a dip in the small pool. I'd easily see not making use of the Haven courtyard if in an os.

Thanks for responding. They did have an offer for the Garden Villa. We bid on that, but not very much (and I'm not expecting we'll get it), as all that space would be a waste in our minds. We've done the Penthouse on Celebrity, and although very nice, we found the space was a bit of a waste and would've been just as happy in the Royal suite or even Celebrity suite.

Thanks for responding. They did have an offer for the Garden Villa. We bid on that, but not very much (and I'm not expecting we'll get it), as all that space would be a waste in our minds. We've done the Penthouse on Celebrity, and although very nice, we found the space was a bit of a waste and would've been just as happy in the Royal suite or even Celebrity suite.

You never know. Figure the balcony or an s suite will get your room and so the amount you need to bid to get the GV is much less than theirs. Your low bid beats out their fair or even good bid because someone is willing to pay a good price for your room. You are in a great position if GV is actually available. Good luck. The GV is a class all it's own and doesn't compare to experience in the H4.

I love the OS, but with two young children I would definitely stay with the 2 bedroom in the Haven. Much more privacy and easy to enjoy the living area when the kids are in bed.

Unless you manage to get an upgrade to the Garden Villa, I would stay where you are and not even bid on the OS.

Enjoy!

There is NO WAY IN THE WORLD I would trade the 2BR for the OS. You get one large room in the OS. You get a bedroom, and a living area, and 2nd BR in the 2BR suite. And with kids, it is a real no brainer.

Garden Villa... maybe... but really, the 2BR is awesome. Why would anyone move to the OS?

You do not get to drink the minibar. There are 3 bottles of liquor included with soft drinks and mixers. Also water

But if you eat the snacks and drink the little bottles of liquor and beer in the mini bar you will be charged. No need to drink them as the butler will replenish the soft drinks and such.

You do not get to drink the minibar. There are 3 bottles of liquor included with soft drinks and mixers. Also water

But if you eat the snacks and drink the little bottles of liquor and beer in the mini bar you will be charged. No need to drink them as the butler will replenish the soft drinks and such.

The H4 has the minibar setup and taking from it incurs a fee so no canned soda, water bottles... unless you pay.

The H3 H2 and H1 come with a choice of bottled liquor from a list and then any canned sodas, mixers and waters you want. My mini bar in the GV bedroom only had water bottles in it. They didn't stock it with the traditional tiny alcoholic bottles or snacks. Never checked the others but the butler will keep you stocked with the traditional mini bar type items (minus the little bottles of alcohol), in areas and fridges and coolers where you are taking them from. In the H4 the mini bar has a traditional setup and it's clear that what you consume will be charged. I like to drink sparkling water, have water bottles by bed, drink canned Diet Pepsi. I figured I pay about $400-$800 extra for this and although I don't like the extra fees It makes my vacation nicer so I pay it. Id rather pay for mini bar type items as I go and have the Haven outside my door instead of getting those items included and have an os halfway across the ship.

I see what you are saying, however she was talking about a 2 bedroom suite to an OS not the GV. I have sailed in both (never in the GV) on several ships and they have always had the minibar stocked. We have had the butler remove the items.