Best of the Western Med post cruise review.

chromered7

Having read various threads about Celebrity and indifferent reports I have to say we had an excellent cruise on Reflection. From the transfer from the airport and embarkation on the ship it was all seamless.

The food in the Ocean View and the Opus dining room was excellent, in our opinion. We ate in the Tuscan Grill on one night and it was the best meal we had all of the cruise .

Our cabin room steward Sue was the best we have had on any cruise we have been on. Overall all of the staff were pleasant and helpful and they could not do enough for you.

The itinerary mostly lived up to our expectations with the exception of Cartagena and Ibiza , which for us were nothing stops. La Spezia with the Cinque Terra towns was really beautiful although we only managed three out of the five. We had a very nice day in Nice and looked forward to our overnight in Barcelona. At this point out holiday was overshadowed by a phone call as we were in Casa Balito. One of our dogs had become seriously ill while in kennels and had to go to the vets. After returning to the ship we had an agonising wait to get an update from the vet. Sadly despite surgery our dog could not be saved. We were with other family members and although we thought about coming home we completed the cruise. We did the best we could on our second day in Barcelona and then moved onto Malaga. Malaga is a lovely city and we just wandered around soaking up the sun shine and taking in the sites. We then went to Gibraltar and went to see the apes and had a great time, well the best could manage. Sadly the next two stops were not that good . Cartagena was ok but nothing exceptional and Ibiza was a total waste of time so much so we wished we had stayed on the ship. This of course is our opinion and is based on the experience we had .

On the whole we had the best cruise we could have had under the circumstances. Our views on Celebrity have been restored and based on our experience it was very positive. The paying for port transfers I think should have been free but we did not know of any local agreements that may have affected this. The sun bed shortage was really irritating and not policed effectively by the pool staff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are just off Eclipse and also had an amazing time and booked onboard for Reflection next year. Unbelievably, we got a call from kennels whilst in Stockholm to say our 14 year old border collie, Abbey, was seriously ill with liver failure and she also died. It was horrible and we were devastated but we too carried on. We were a group of 24 and they helped us through. We have just rescued a 8 month old border collie from the shelter!

We are just off Eclipse and also had an amazing time and booked onboard for Reflection next year. Unbelievably, we got a call from kennels whilst in Stockholm to say our 14 year old border collie, Abbey, was seriously ill with liver failure and she also died. It was horrible and we were devastated but we too carried on. We were a group of 24 and they helped us through. We have just rescued a 8 month old border collie from the shelter!

Did you cruise on Azamara Quest in the Middle East last year?