Any last minute advice for our Bermuda cruise on Sunnit??..

Sandi07054

Here are my questions: it is our first time on Celebrity

We don't have traditional dining and all of our cruises are not linked and our TA is in Europe. So will we have to wait in long lines at dinner?

Production shows: Which ones not to be missed?

Elbow Beach day pass worth it?

Hamilton by Ferry. - morning or afternoon better?

Northern lights - how was this?

We are in sweet sixteen balconies. How is the location on the boat?

Any additional advice for the ship or touring Bermuda is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all

If you are touring the island on your own I recommend purchasing a ferry/bus pass. The pass is good for the entire day and you can purchase it for multiple days. There is a kiosk right at the port to purchase the pass. The buses and ferry are right at the port.

We don't have traditional dining and all of our cruises are not linked and our TA is in Europe. So will we have to wait in long lines at dinner?

Thank you all

Linking reservations, if there is no one in your TA's office who can assist you, give a call to X about linking. I Am sure they will be more than happy to help in this situation and advise on how many can be linked for dining at one time or more specifically, to sit at the same table.

You do know that reservations can be made for dining for the most part, except between 7p - 8.15p, or at least on Millie those were the times which one could not reserve, but we only had at most a 20 minute wait when we ate during this time frame. Also, if you have to be at two (2) different tables, once you board, speak with the Maitre d' about seating each group next or just adjacent to each other for dinner. That means everyone in the party has to be ready to sit at the same time for this to work.

Also the sweet sixteen balconies are great locations, I have found in the past on other of X's ships when I have been lucky enough to reserve one.

Also, there is a Bermuda board here, check it out and post some of your destination specific questions there...

What about your roll call as well, it is quite possible that there will be repeat passengers who can answer some of the destination specific questions you have.

Enjoy your sailing and let us know how you make out. On this sailing next year... cannot wait!

bon voyage

Thank you all

Just got off today. Make a standing reservation for each night at same time for dinner to avoid lineups and waits - especially on formal night. Ask for Glickson to be your waiter if you can.

Elbow Beach is gorgeous and not as crowded as horseshoe.

It will cost you $45 for two loungers and an umbrella at horseshoe plus tip for the set-up. Good restaurant at Elbow as well. The next entry road just passed the main horseshoe Beach entry (between horseshoe and Warwick) has two fabulous small beaches that didn't have many people there. That was my favourite, but no loungers or restaurants etc. there is washrooms though.

There are a lot of families and kids on board so this cruise is not the typical celebrity experience IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off today. Make a standing reservation for each night at same time for dinner to avoid lineups and waits - especially on formal night. Ask for Glickson to be your waiter if you can.

Elbow Beach is gorgeous and not as crowded as horseshoe.

It will cost you $45 for two loungers and an umbrella at horseshoe plus tip for the set-up. Good restaurant at Elbow as well. The next entry road just passed the main horseshoe Beach entry (between horseshoe and Warwick) has two fabulous small beaches that didn't have many people there. That was my favourite, but no loungers or restaurants etc. there is washrooms though.

There are a lot of families and kids on board so this cruise is not the typical celebrity experience IMHO.

Did you find the children overwhelming or disruptive or rude or???

bon voyage

Did you find the children overwhelming or disruptive or rude or???

bon voyage

Yes, all of the above. I won't cruise on a 7 day cruise from an American port during school holidays ever again. The kids are bored because X doesn't have enough activities or facilities dedicated to them. So playing in stairwells and sliding down banisters etc was pretty much the norm. Toddlers in pools and hot tubs is not a very desirable situation either in my opinion. Little hands grabbing things on the buffet was also a bit disturbing so I just avoided.