Panama Canal Photo Pkg Question

KajunCruiser

I can't remember if NCL offered a video of the cruise or not.

We will be on a 14 day full transit of the Panama Canal & was wondering if they offered a video of the whole cruise, just one going through the Canal, or neither. If they do what is the cost & is it worth it? Or do they just have photo's available?

We will be on a 14 day full transit of the Panama Canal & was wondering if they offered a video of the whole cruise, just one going through the Canal, or neither. If they do what is the cost & is it worth it? Or do they just have photo's available?

The video is only of the Panama Canal transit. I don't remember the price, but we felt it was reasonable and worth it, and we normally never buy anything from the Photo shop. The video includes shots of people hanging out over their balconies and along the railing of the Promenade Deck and the Sports deck. If you want your photo to show up on the video it will almost certainly appear if you're at the Promenade Deck railing. And we feel that's the best place to be anyway, even if you have a balcony, because you can easily cross from one side to the other, and you can socialize with others--yet it's not as crowded as on the Sports Deck and the Bow.

The video is only of the Panama Canal transit. I don't remember the price, but we felt it was reasonable and worth it, and we normally never buy anything from the Photo shop. The video includes shots of people hanging out over their balconies and along the railing of the Promenade Deck and the Sports deck. If you want your photo to show up on the video it will almost certainly appear if you're at the Promenade Deck railing. And we feel that's the best place to be anyway, even if you have a balcony, because you can easily cross from one side to the other, and you can socialize with others--yet it's not as crowded as on the Sports Deck and the Bow.

Thanks crayola

We do have a balcony & I appreciate the quick response & information. As this is probably a once in a life time cruise of the Canal I know I will spend the money. Any idea how long the video is? And I sure someone will post the price. Do you order before, during or after passing thru the Canal.

Kajuncruiser

Thanks crayola

We do have a balcony & I appreciate the quick response & information. As this is probably a once in a life time cruise of the Canal I know I will spend the money. Any idea how long the video is? And I sure someone will post the price. Do you order before, during or after passing thru the Canal.

Kajuncruiser

I remember it as being kind of long. Perhaps 40 minutes?? Members of the Photo crew got off the ship at the beginning of the transit and stayed off the whole day, photographing us (and the locks, scenery, etc.). Of course the video isn't as long as the transit, but the all-day shoot means they got a lot of good material, and it's not a short video. It has several different parts to it. It includes a speeded up version of the full transit that's kind of funny to watch.

We ordered it at the Photo Shop on the ship and received it either just before we disembarked (or it was mailed to us?)

Are you cruising the Bliss or one of the smaller ships? I'm not sure the Bliss has a Promenade Deck (one of the reasons I avoid the mega ships). But it would be exciting to go through the new Canal.

Enjoy!!

I just wanted to mention that we did the full transit of the Panama Canal a few years ago on the Pearl, and the PHOTOS of the ship during the transit were actually pretty amazing - I believe that you could buy packages of 3, 5, 10 or more photos and they were well worth the package price (we chose the photos over the video, simply because they were very good). :)

I just wanted to mention that we did the full transit of the Panama Canal a few years ago on the Pearl, and the PHOTOS of the ship during the transit were actually pretty amazing - I believe that you could buy packages of 3, 5, 10 or more photos and they were well worth the package price (we chose the photos over the video, simply because they were very good). :)

thanks