Snorkeling questions

Leah003

Has any one taken Carnival's "Beach snorkel adventure"? How was it? Also, if we wish to just wait and see who is offering snorkeling once we get off the ship, is it best to get our equipment rented from the ship before we leave? Thanks a bunch. Leaving in 2 weeks!

Just off the Victory last wek. We didn't do the beach and snorkel thru the ship because I felt we could spend less money for 4 of us, and I wanted to just go into town and get local food and meet the people. When we got off the ship there were a few stands that offered snorkeling. We went with Tequila Beach, although all the trips are pretty much the same. They wanted $25/person. We got it for $20. The boat is small and only takes about 12 people, which I liked, so I knew it wouldn't be crowded even if it was full. The reef is only about a 10 minute little boat ride. The water was very clear and not deep. You are parallel to the beach the whole time. I think its about 1 1/2 hours all together. We used their equipment, which was just fine. The snorkels came wrapped from just being sterilized, or else new mouth pieces. I forget which. Either way, it was kinda nice! I opted for a life vest, which they have if you want.

They took us back to Tequila Beach, where you can stay and pay $2 for a lounge chair. They have food and bar there, and also an all inclusive bracelet if you choose that option. We walked into town for a while for food, then back to TB for a lounge chair and nap for an hour!

If you go into town, be sure to buy the banana (or plantaine- I forget)chips in a bag from a vendor walking around. They are $1 a bag and really good. You open the bag right away and they squirt a hot sauce in there. We imm. bought a second bag.:D

Susan thank you so much for the info! Is the tour called Tequila Beach? Any other way to identify them, or I am sure the name will be on the stand? I bet they will go out several times a day. We have a group of 7 wanting to go and want to go with a smaller group. We will probably not book the tour with Carnival or spend the money renting their equipment.

Archived