St John PLUS island tour

fridaythe13th

Would this even be doable? Get off the ship and right on to an island tour (no beaches or shopping), then a cruise line ferry to St John?

Based on our recent Escape cruise, I think this would be possible, but you would do it in reverse order. We elected to do the "St John on your Own" excursion, but all the ship's St. John's excursions seemed to use the same ferry and follow the same schedule.

Escape is in St. Thomas from 8am to 6pm. Our excursion left the ship at 8:15 am, and we were on the beach at Trunk Bay, St. John, by about 9:45 am. The excursion ferry left St. John again at 12:15, and we were back to the Escape about 1:00 pm. That would technically leave you 1 pm to 5:30 pm for an island tour. I don't know if any ship's excursion island tours leave in the afternoon, but you could likely arrange your own tour.

One thing I'd be careful about is that traffic on St. Thomas is very bad, and it can take some time to get around by car. You'd want to carefully arrange your island tour so as not to be late back to the ship.

Based on our recent Escape cruise, I think this would be possible, but you would do it in reverse order. We elected to do the "St John on your Own" excursion, but all the ship's St. John's excursions seemed to use the same ferry and follow the same schedule.

Escape is in St. Thomas from 8am to 6pm. Our excursion left the ship at 8:15 am, and we were on the beach at Trunk Bay, St. John, by about 9:45 am. The excursion ferry left St. John again at 12:15, and we were back to the Escape about 1:00 pm. That would technically leave you 1 pm to 5:30 pm for an island tour. I don't know if any ship's excursion island tours leave in the afternoon, but you could likely arrange your own tour.

One thing I'd be careful about is that traffic on St. Thomas is very bad, and it can take some time to get around by car. You'd want to carefully arrange your island tour so as not to be late back to the ship.

I don't think it matters which order we do it in. Was it a St John "on your own" or an actual St John tour that took you to Trunk Bay. I'll look into an independent tour for the island tour. Thanks, this helps!