Cruising with a 3 year old-Tips!!

Number One Tip: Be flexible and understand what you have "planned" probably won't occur. Kids on vacation become a kids vacation.

Best thing about the Oasis is the Adventure Ocean. Our granddaughter turned 5 at the

end of the cruise but she loved it. Asked all the time to go. Our other granddaughter turned 10 on the cruise. When she was 8 we were on an NCL cruise and she refused to go to the kids program. This time she was hesitant but we told her she had to go at least the first night because it was our anniversary and we were going to have some adult time. After then she asked to go all the time too. She even insisted she wanted to stay at the Adventure Ocean program instead of go with us on our excursion in St. Thomas.

Second the fact to bring some snacks and grab juice or small milks at breakfast to keep in your fridge as these are hard to find during the day.

Small entertaining toys like books, coloring books and crayons. We also bought the wifi package so they could watch their favorite videos to wind down or when we were trying to get ready for dinner, etc.

We did the Pets at Sea and my 10 year old still sleeps with hers. They had a deal for purchasing 2 (we had the two girls) but I don't recall the price but affordable.

The ice show mesmerized the 5 year old.

Know that you'll be at the carousel A LOT. 5 year old probably went on it 6 times a day! And the pool the rest of the time. We brought 5 year olds swim floatie vest but they have them on the pool deck for kids if you don't want to pack yours.

They have free help-yourself frozen yogurt on the deck right by the pool. 5 year old kept disappearing to get herself an ice cream.

--Pack kid snacks. There is food 24/7 on ships, but not always great to-go snacks to bring into port or the right food for your kid at the right time. I forget RCI's current policies on bringing drinks, but shelf-stable milk boxes are also great. (I also take the little cartons of milk in the morning and keep them in a mini-fridge to avoid going out or calling room service for mid-afternoon snacks if we're in the cabin.

have fun!

I would be careful about keeping milk in the cabin fridge, at least for any length of time. The "fridges" are actually coolers - not as cold as a true fridge. You can get milk at the Windjammer any time, not just at breakfast; after breakfast you usually have to ask and they will get for you.

Be careful about calling for room service - other than breakfast - there is now a charge. It used to be free, but not any longer. I believe it's $5.95 or $7.95 - food is still free but that's the delivery charge.

You can pick up boxes of cereal at breakfast to use as snacks too.